10mm?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    I like the Delta and the razorback too....a little pricey, but VERY nice guns. I already own a Glock and the G20 is a little cheaper, with the same platform as the G17, thats why I was leaning that way. I do like the 1911's, never owned own but they are cool!

Any thoughts on the reliability of the Glock vs the 1911 platform in the 10mm?

Last edited:

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    There's no reason that the 10mm in any hangun configuration should be any less reliable than any other offerings. Glocks and 1911 platforms are well proven and should spit out 10mm brass as fast as you feed it.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks for all the replies....
    Its not that I'm a recoil junkie, i just dont like lower power rounds in a higher power gun...i.e. 38's in a 357mag. I mean the reason I like the 357mag is the power. I'm not dogging the .38, I think its a good round, just that I like shooting the hotter stuff. Also, like it for woods carry.

I want to step up from the 9mm and thats why I was looking into the a hotter round like the 10mm...I like the positive feed back, thus far. I dont reload, so I will be sticking w/ factory ammo for now. I guess that will be a con....price. But, hey we cant take it with us:D

There is something way cool in the CRACK! of a .357 Magnum. :cool:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I like the Delta and the razorback too....a little pricey, but VERY nice guns. I already own a Glock and the G20 is a little cheaper, with the same platform as the G17, thats why I was leaning that way. I do like the 1911's, never owned own but they are cool!

There are a wide variety of 1911 makers, but a good gun is a good gun. A good 1911 (like a razorback or delta elite) will be very reliable.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.

Can't speak to the 1911, but Glocks are about as reliable as you can get. In my years of shooting Glocks, I can recall only one issue affected these models. A change in the G20 trigger bar was made to slightly increase the force of the striker because of occasional problems with hard primers. That was years ago.

All my have been stone cold reliable and a pleasure to shoot.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have been doing a little research on the .357 sig, but was under the impression that it was not up to par with the .357mag. Would it be possible to use a .357sig barrel, slide and mag. on my G17 frame....I heard mention of swapping certain calibers in the Glocks.

It should work. I have a Glock 22 and use the factory .40 barrel, a .357 sig barrel, AND a 9mm barrel (for the 9 I use a G17 magazine). Works great.

If you take a replacement barrel ($99 at Cheaperthandirt.com) and use either a G22 OR a G31 magazine, it should work- the G17 & G22 have the same frame.

I personally don't believe it's QUITE as powerful shot-for-shot as the .357 Magnum with the 125 grain round. I love them both, by the way. I do think it's a very powerful round- more so than the 9mm or .40...Something else to consider is having near-.357 magnum performance in a 16+1 round package vs. the average six-shot revolver.

Just my two cents worth....

Last edited:

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Thanks for all the replies....
    Its not that I'm a recoil junkie, i just dont like lower power rounds in a higher power gun...i.e. 38's in a 357mag. I mean the reason I like the 357mag is the power. I'm not dogging the .38, I think its a good round, just that I like shooting the hotter stuff. Also, like it for woods carry.

I want to step up from the 9mm and thats why I was looking into the a hotter round like the 10mm...I like the positive feed back, thus far. I dont reload, so I will be sticking w/ factory ammo for now. I guess that will be a con....price. But, hey we cant take it with us:D
    bottom line What is right for you it takes me more time deiciding what I want rather then getting it I am a XD guy would I get a glock yeah if the price was right I think I would rather get a Kimber frist but You pay dearly for them so if I were you I would keep looking until You know what your really want the down side with 10mm it is still not a 45 but thats just me because there are alot of them out there

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    I've had a delta elite and a s&w 1006, both were great guns and I kick myself in the @$$ for selling them. I currently have a G20 and it fits the bill nicely for a reliable 10mm. I've never had one issue with it. I hear alot of people use the 10mm for hog hunting. I carry the G20 when I go deer hunting sometimes just incase. :cool:

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Where are you 10mm shooters buying most of your range ammo? Has anyone used the Georgia Arms ammo? From what I understand its reloaded once fired brass...??

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Where are you 10mm shooters buying most of your range ammo? Has anyone used the Georgia Arms ammo? From what I understand its reloaded once fired brass...??

Georgia Arms is good to go...used thousands of rounds without any problem, as have many others. It's not a hot load but a very reasonable practice load. Buy direct from them: http://www.georgia-arms.com/

Buy DoubleTap direct from Mike McNett , http://www.doubletapammo.com, or from Midway. His FMJ Match ammo is a very nice full powered practice load.

Top Bottom