WTS: Romanian WASR-2 AK74, 5.45x39

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey guys-

I am selling my Romanian WASR-2 because the sights need to be drifted a bit to the left, and I do not have an AK sight-drifting tool. I know it is flat out lazy, but it's a good excuse for me to buy another Daewoo, so be it.

Anyways, this WASR-2 has a brand new set of E. German furniture, and brand new E. German Bakelite 30rd. mag, and has been 100% functional in operation. Typical AK reliability.

It also has a sight rail, as pictured.

I've shot a couple hundred rounds of surplus 5.45 over 2 range trips, but I have always cleaned it immediately post-range, so no corrosion from the surplus ammo (if you buy this gun and shoot corrosive ammo through it, be sure to at least spray it out with Windex after a range visit if you do not plan on cleaning it immediately - the ammonia neutralizes the corrosive salts).

Again, the gun has been great, no problems, and low recoil, I just don't want to screw with the sights, especially since this is the only AK I own right now.

I'm asking what I paid for it before all of the Obama hype, $550.

p1010012nx3.jpg

p1010013jn1.jpg

p1010010vz4.jpg

p1010011lo1.jpg

Thanks-

J

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    BTW, if you'd rather have a plain black Bulgarian mag, I will swap it for the Bakelite. The Bakelites are, however, more valuable and just look so damn good with the E. German furniture.

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have the original furniture, definitely a US made pistol grip. I know there is quite a bit of US parts, including the Tapco G2 trigger. I think if the pistol grip is changed, it becomes "compliant." Consider the pistol grip in this picture to be for cosmetic, hypothetical, and non-terrorist purposes only.

J

Last edited:

billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    Sorry last post was bad math. Your rifle doesn't have a muzzle devise so it has 15 parts as listed by ATF. 5 of those parts must be US made to have ten or less foriegn. G2 group counts as 3, US pistol grip 4. If you don't have the US gas piston take the mag out of the rifle to be compliant. mag counts as 3 parts: body, follower, floorplate

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry last post was bad math. Your rifle doesn't have a muzzle devise so it has 15 parts as listed by ATF. 5 of those parts must be US made to have ten or less foriegn. G2 group counts as 3, US pistol grip 4. If you don't have the US gas piston take the mag out of the rifle to be compliant. mag counts as 3 parts: body, follower, floorplate

Thanks for the clarification, billy. As mentioned above, gas piston is US, so if I swap the pistol grip, we are good.

I will give the buyer the E. German grip also, "just in case."

J

billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    Oh ok cool, with a tapco gas piston and US pistol grip it should be good to go with foriegn stock set and mag. Sorry for being so anal about this, just don't want someone to buy it and use it in legal self defense only to find themslves in jail for non 922r compliance

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    its a good deal on a 5.45 :)

If I could buy anything right now i would buy it after the compliance were met :)

very nice looking gun!

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Oh ok cool, with a tapco gas piston and US pistol grip it should be good to go with foriegn stock set and mag. Sorry for being so anal about this, just don't want someone to buy it and use it in legal self defense only to find themslves in jail for non 922r compliance

I know. It's a shame isn't it? I think those foreign pistol grips make the rifle much more dangerous than the U.S. ones. Thank goodness for 922.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Code:
    Thanks for the clarification, billy. As mentioned above, gas piston is US, so if I swap the pistol grip, we are good.

I will give the buyer the E. German grip also, "just in case."

J

So, right now... You are posting Evidence that you hare commiting a crime...

Dude... CHANGE IT!!!!

Take the friggan mag out, pistol grip off... SOMETHING....

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Code:

So, right now... You are posting Evidence that you hare commiting a crime...

Dude... CHANGE IT!!!!

Take the friggan mag out, pistol grip off... SOMETHING....

I gathered that from the earlier posts. Problem solved. I appreciate your concern. Relax.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I gathered that from the earlier posts. Problem solved. I appreciate your concern. Relax.

We're looking out for you man, and the web site, that's all...not uptight for no reason, its a serious crime to break federal gun laws...people have died over stuff like this little technicality. Look into Ruby Ridge if you havent studied it, important things to be learned.

We care man, that's all :)

Like I said, good deal on a good gun when the compliance issues are met, which seems to be the case.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    We're looking out for you man, and the web site, that's all...not uptight for no reason, its a serious crime to break federal gun laws...people have died over stuff like this little technicality. Look into Ruby Ridge if you havent studied it, important things to be learned.

We care man, that's all :)

Like I said, good deal on a good gun when the compliance issues are met, which seems to be the case.

What he said... I was just trying to make sure it was clearly understood.;)

I've alwasy liked the look of E German Furnature...

whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    I lay in bed at night and dream about what guns would be like without the compliance issues and it makes me happy:rofl: Then my wife rolls over and thinks I am thinking about her and....... well, lets keep it G rated:D

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I lay in bed at night and dream about what guns would be like without the compliance issues and it makes me happy:rofl: Then my wife rolls over and thinks I am thinking about her and....... well, lets keep it G rated:D

^ How about if there were no class 3 at all...

You could make your Own STENs, I could get a PKM, AK's wouldn't have to be butchered to come into this country...:D

(WHile your dreaming)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom