14 year old caught with Glock switches 3d printing guns.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    This SHOULD be a legitimate enterprise.
    IDK about the switches, but I thought that the 3d printed grip modules/mags/slides were totally legal? Not that I would trust the slides or any functional parts other than "shells" like grip modules.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    IDK about the switches, but I thought that the 3d printed grip modules/mags/slides were totally legal? Not that I would trust the slides or any functional parts other than "shells" like grip modules.
    They are if you’re not 14 years old selling them along with Glock switches.

If the kid was 18+, not selling any of the guns printed, and not printing Glock switches it would have been legal.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

If the kid was 18+, not selling any of the guns printed, and not printing Glock switches it would have been legal.

Your post seems to suggest that a 14 year old is not allowed to print and sell non-regulated 3d printed firearm parts such as grips or magazines or slides. Unless I have missed some law somewhere, those non-regulated items are legal for a minor to possess and own.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Your post seems to suggest that a 14 year old is not allowed to print and sell non-regulated 3d printed firearm parts such as grips or magazines or slides. Unless I have missed some law somewhere, those non-regulated items are legal for a minor to possess and own.
    I clearly say guns and not parts. I believe you are correct as far as printing parts only, no age required for that but that’s not what this kid was doing. That’s just the law and not something I agree with. Imo this should be 100% legal.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I clearly say guns and not parts. I believe you are correct as far as printing parts only, no age required for that but that’s not what this kid was doing. That’s just the law and not something I agree with. Imo this should be 100% legal.

That may have been your intention but that's not what you said. cbbr said he didn't know about the switches but he thought the non-regulated parts were legal. You said the non-regulated parts were not legal if they are being sold by 14 year olds who are also selling Glock switches. You then said the non-regulated parts would be legal if they weren't selling printed guns, they weren't printing switches, and they were 18+. I'm not sure how being 14 and selling Glock switches makes the non-regulated parts now illegal. Could you explain it?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here we go again……
    I got it
    Just look at all that golden goodness….

View attachment 172880

@John_ in another thread you asked "Why is it so difficult to make a decision and do what is right as a mod if there is a rules violation?" Well, here's another example of what the mods let slide even though the post is a clear violation of the rules. It's a trolling post that is completely off topic. Are we not doing right as a mod when we don't issue a warning? Or is this an example when leniency should be the way to go?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @John_ in another thread you asked "Why is it so difficult to make a decision and do what is right as a mod if there is a rules violation?" Well, here's another example of what the mods let slide even though the post is a clear violation of the rules. It's a trolling post that is completely off topic. Are we not doing right as a mod when we don't issue a warning? Or is this an example when leniency should be the way to go?
    It is a violation. His post is strictly trolling imo. He is stirring the pot, not adding anything of value to the discussion. And not his 1st time in the last couple days either. And if there is no recourse, he will continue with impunity. To do nothing as a mod empowers him.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It is a violation. His post is strictly trolling imo. He is stirring the pot, not adding anything of value to the discussion. And not his 1st time in the last couple days either. And if there is no recourse, he will continue with impunity. To do nothing as a mod empowers him.
    Oh Lordy.... Satire should always get a pass. But yeah, he sucks and should be hit with the...

banhammer.gif
    :dogkeke:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Should you both receive a warning as well for going further off topic? Me as well since I contributed? I think common sense can be used in these situations personally.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    That may have been your intention but that's not what you said. cbbr said he didn't know about the switches but he thought the non-regulated parts were legal. You said the non-regulated parts were not legal if they are being sold by 14 year olds who are also selling Glock switches. You then said the non-regulated parts would be legal if they weren't selling printed guns, they weren't printing switches, and they were 18+. I'm not sure how being 14 and selling Glock switches makes the non-regulated parts now illegal. Could you explain it?
    I don’t think it’s that hard to comprehend exactly what I said and mean. In this instance the kid was selling firearms and Glock switches. I’m sure you can understand why everything pictured would be confiscated in this instance. If the kid was only printing magazines, gun parts, or accessories we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t think it’s that hard to comprehend exactly what I said and mean. In this instance the kid was selling firearms and Glock switches. I’m sure you can understand why everything pictured would be confiscated in this instance. If the kid was only printing magazines, gun parts, or accessories we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Yes, I do understand.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Boy they sure can get industrious when there’s a criminal payout. Imagine if they’d put that kind of time and effort into a legitimate enterprise.
    Permits man, We need a permit to exercise our rights, Clearly the lad failed to secure the required permit therefore he was running an illegal enterprise.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    So there is a 5d tactical router jig in that pic, and I seriously doubt that they would be using that to "complete" a 3d printed ar lower. So likely there are some aluminum/poly 80 lowers banging around somewhere that were finished with that jig. Might even be assembled into them evil "black" rifles that spontaneously cause mass destruction with their 30 caliber clips. Check the schools 1st.

Likely the kid was selling them, or it was not just the kid doing it. Just the same I will keeping a fair distance between myself and the city of Detroit, you know, in case there might be issues with my safety.

It will be interesting to see if more is reported about this. Given the demographic of the "good peoples" in question, I can imagine the mainstream media will not be that worried to tell this story.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Are you talking about me? All I did was make popcorn.

Top Bottom