Mossberg 500c 20 gauge shotgun conversion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    I called around in the Lafayette area to get my Mossberg 500c 20gauge vr barrel cut and Dave's doesn't do it and Custom Gun Works wants to keep it for 3+ weeks. ~UPDATE ordering a new barrel for $60.

Also does anyone know where I can find a pistol grip and if the 500 12g pistol grip is same for my 500c 20g? ~UPDATE They are not the same per Mossberg ppl.

Last edited:

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Nomad's shotgun conversion thread got me doing this ha!

I ordered the pistol grip and black synthetic foregrip directly from Mossberg for $57 including shipping. The 18.5'' barrel is $60 or I can cut my vr barrel. Probably look better with the new barrel but should I invest the other $60 for a gun that's not going to be played with much just because it would look better under my bed?

Before and after pic of my existing & Mossberg's new 6 shot Cruiser 20g. I will post a pic of mine once I get the parts in 2-3 weeks.
    2hrd6p0.jpg

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    You might want to look into upgrading the pistol grip with a Blackhawk Knoxx Stock grip. These GREATLY reduce felt recoil, which your wrist will appreciate on something as light as an aluminum receiver 500.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/BreachersGrip-Shotgun-Stock,1154,165.htm

javascript:LoadLargeImageprod(document.getElementById('ctl00_MainContent_ProductInfo1_ctl00_firstimage').value,'BreachersGrip%20Shotgun%20Stock')

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    In my opinion, shortening the stock is the best route to take (Worked for me). The pistol grip looks cool but ultimate function always wins in my book. However if you're interested, I have a pistol grip I'll sell you for $12 plus shipping.

I'd be sending it from Thibodaux.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    In my opinion, shortening the stock is the best route to take (Worked for me). The pistol grip looks cool but ultimate function always wins in my book. However if you're interested, I have a pistol grip I'll sell you for $12 plus shipping.

If he doesn't want it I may be interested. Are you coming to the Gonzales Fun Show this weekend?

lilmoose0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    If he doesn't want it I may be interested. Are you coming to the Gonzales Fun Show this weekend?
    Probably not, have a few things to do, but if OPer doesn't want it we can deal. I will be passing through the area Sunday morning to pick up my nefews.
    I have a couple of other mossberg 500 "things" to sell.

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL

I already ordered mine for $22 plus $6.95 shipping. Bummer I didn't know you had a pistol grip before i put in my order. You sure that's for a 20g or 12? The one for the 12 is wider at the top where it bolts on.

lilmoose0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    I already ordered mine for $22 plus $6.95 shipping. Bummer I didn't know you had a pistol grip before i put in my order. You sure that's for a 20g or 12? The one for the 12 is wider at the top where it bolts on.
    Sorry, mines was for a 12. I wasn't sure if it would fit both. I would have let you try fit & function before payment.;)

Not to hijack your thread but I have some other stuff.

Heatshield, $10

Pistol grip forend $10. (Pump, comes in kit and will also fit a Remington 870)

Folding pistol grip stock. $20

I know I paid more for them but I have no use for them either.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Probably not, have a few things to do, but if OPer doesn't want it we can deal. I will be passing through the area Sunday morning to pick up my nefews.
    I have a couple of other mossberg 500 "things" to sell.

Sweet, PM me all the "things" you have :D

lilmoose0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    OK I'll PM you the details tomorrow morning. I need to talk to my sister to see what time I'll be heading that way sunday, but since it's quarter to 11:00 it's a little too late to call tonight.

Top Bottom