My new wheel gun!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    S&W Model 442 , 38 special

I picked this one up because i like the all black, and it is light and easy to conceal and not as heavy as my glock27

what ya think?

162810_large.jpg

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I got the same one, but not in black. Spanky shot it a few times. I ankle carry mine. Crimson trace makes a decent grip replacement with a built in laser.

airweight.jpg

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Phil has one... those things kick like a mule! I like the ones with the cut down hammer more personally. If it has the front sight with the pin in it, you can get a "fiber optic" type sight on it that makes shooting it alot easier. I have trouble with his using black sights against a black target. Hebert Guns had one with the fiber optic front and it was much better.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I love my little s&w .38 snubbie.... but kick like a mule is an understatment, I usually don't shoot much through it because it's uncomfortable. However it is fairly accurate for it's size and super easy to conceal.

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    I bought it at my local gun store for less than you listed above. I hot it when I got home and it does not kick as bad as I thought. Crimson trace grip is a few weeks down the road then ill go get one. I also like the one with the cut down hammer, but it was an inmpulse buy and i didnt want to wait for them to ship me one. Plus the all black i really liked. Its just gonna be be a ccw gun when i dont feel like bring the 27. plus the good deal i cant complain!

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    nice gun, why no .357 for carry?

I really bought it with hope of getting the fiance to start shooting and give her something to carry in the car, till then ill use it everynow and then instead of the 27. If i cant get her to use it then ill just have it to add with the rest. I thought about getting the 357 so i could shoot 38sp out of it also, but this works well. Plus it will give me another excuse to buy another wheel gun down the road.

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Like penguin, I carry the 642-1. The .357's in that small/light of a package are next to useless unless used as a last ditch effort. I have a 2 1/4 Ruger SP101 in .357 and even it bites pretty hard when shooting magnums. The aluminum alloy and scandium frame Smiths in .357 are brutal.

Here's my baby:

smith642bm0.jpg

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Like penguin, I carry the 642-1. The .357's in that small/light of a package are next to useless unless used as a last ditch effort. I have a 2 1/4 Ruger SP101 in .357 and even it bites pretty hard when shooting magnums. The aluminum alloy and scandium frame Smiths in .357 are brutal.

Here's my baby:

smith642bm0.jpg

Yeah, with that short of a barrel .357 would be one shot, 5" of muzzle flip then hope you can get sight picture back...lol. I got this mainly for the wife as home protection (use glasers in it). It's a great point and shoot weapon with out anything to hinder her having to use it in a stressful situation.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Phil has one... those things kick like a mule! I like the ones with the cut down hammer more personally. If it has the front sight with the pin in it, you can get a "fiber optic" type sight on it that makes shooting it alot easier. I have trouble with his using black sights against a black target. Hebert Guns had one with the fiber optic front and it was much better.

Hell Yeah I have one... and she kicks like a mule... I LOVE HER!

S&W Model 37 w/ concealable hammer...

S&W%20Model%2037.JPG

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    ya'll wheel gun old farts gotta step into the new age...its almost 2007 for god sakes :rofl:

Lol... I do agree to a degree, but my S&W 37 is Lighter than the Glock 26 and a lot more concealable... for a smaller frame guy like me. Not to mention when I was training with a S&W Model 64, I shot almost perfectly EVERY single time, which has been harder for me to replicate using other guns. They are Hugely reliable and accurate for the most part. So I dont blame u at all Draggin... its a nice piece.

Granted, I am currently looking for a Glock 26 or a comparable gun made by another company. And my Glock 17 has yet to fail me. So I guess I'm a two timer... Semi and Revolver... As long as the sucker fires when I pull that trigger, shes ok with me!

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    ya'll wheel gun old farts gotta step into the new age...its almost 2007 for god sakes :rofl:

I would give up a couple of extra shots for reliability any day. Next time your high quality auto (Sig, HK, Glock) fails to eject or fails to lock the slide back on the last shot, think about a revolver never malfunctioning. I have shot many different autos and many S&Ws. Every auto will eventually malfunction even if you baby them. The Smiths NEVER malfunction.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Well, Spanky, I downloaded "Image Resizer", to no avail. I can't even get it to come up on my hard drive where I installed it to.

Computer illiteracy is a terrible (but real) thing...

Too bad... I've got some photos of my new "Diller Scout" .22 combo cat/armadillo rifle that many of our neighbors would find handy... :D

you dont actually run it. after you install it, you just right click on any image file and click "resize"

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Lol... I do agree to a degree, but my S&W 37 is Lighter than the Glock 26 and a lot more concealable... for a smaller frame guy like me. Not to mention when I was training with a S&W Model 64, I shot almost perfectly EVERY single time, which has been harder for me to replicate using other guns. They are Hugely reliable and accurate for the most part. So I dont blame u at all Draggin... its a nice piece.

Granted, I am currently looking for a Glock 26 or a comparable gun made by another company. And my Glock 17 has yet to fail me. So I guess I'm a two timer... Semi and Revolver... As long as the sucker fires when I pull that trigger, shes ok with me!

You can never have to many guns, I figured so why not get a wheel gun, and have something lite and small to conceal when i dont wanna carry the g27.

Top Bottom