1911 concealed holster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    I got a inside the waist band holster for 1911 5" that fits in the small of the back but I am looking for something different than this cheap one.

Can somone tell me what position is best for inside the waist band CC using 1911? Also what brands are best and is there anywhere local in the BR area to purchase a good one?

THanks in advance.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It will all depend on the method you prefer, train and feel comfortable carrying

some Instructors such as Suarez recommend apendix carry as being the fastest and most efficient way to carry since it requires less movement, myself
    I like and train at 3 or 4 o clock.

If you are looking at quality leather look into Nick Mathews
    he is a builder out of Texas and his products are A+, usually takes 10 days for you to
    get one, raven concealment is a great company but u will
    wait months for it, crossbreed is a great choice as well for a hybrid holster meaning
    leather and kydex but they have a couple of week waiting as well

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It will all depend on the method you prefer, train and feel comfortable carrying

some Instructors such as Suarez recommend apendix carry as being the fastest and most efficient way to carry since it requires less movement, myself

he is a builder out of Texas and his products are A+, usually takes 10 days for you to
    wait months for it, crossbreed is a great choice as well for a hybrid holster meaning

I'll have to look into Nick Mathews.

I like 3 o'clockish myself. I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max II that I usually use. They aren't cheap, it took six months to get one, it's very comfortable.

Fisherman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    I bought a Silent Thunder from Tucker Gun Leather about a year and a half ago and I like it. It's a leather lined kydex IWB with a tuckable kydex clip. I got it because I liked the idea of the leather lining both to protect the gun and also because it's so quiet to draw and reholster. You can't hear a thing till you clank the safety off and fire. (btw - How can I make the safety on my 1911 quieter?)

The first kydex clip lasted about a year. It broke right at the top due to the flexing of putting it on and taking it off. I ordered two replacements. Now I use a method of putting on and removing the holster suggested by Rob at Tucker and I think the replacement clips will last longer. Just lift up the bottom of the clip to clear the bottom of your belt and lift by the holster to remove. Don't lift by the bottom of the clip or it'll over flex and will crack sooner. Now, I think I'll get about 4 years out of these two clips. Maybe more.

I like it at 3 o'clock. And sometimes at dusk.

Last edited:

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA

Same here, I got a 3" 1911 Kimber I carry @ 3 or 4 oclock, I have a nice real comfortable Minotaur MTAC Holster That I use I would highly suggest them.

Fisherman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    The butt could become more of a printing issue. SOB conceals easier, but may not be as comfortable and my present safety issues.

I agree. If you fall or even are pushed back against a post or wall, your spine will take a lot of damage if it's hit wrong. Too much chance for permanent damage. And it's very uncomfortable unless you're standing all day. Slower to draw as well.

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    I carry mine on my side using a holster from rmholsters.com I have never had a kydex holster before, but I am a big guy and his IWB is very concealable.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Appendix carry is difficult with a 5" 1911, if you plan to sit down.

Try Gary @packinheat: sales@packinheatleather.com

They are the largest stocking holster dealers in the US and carry four major manufacturers models.

Gary is extremely knowledgeable; this is what he does all day, every day; just holsters & belts. They can have your holster at your home in less than 24 hours, usually.

I have dealt with Gary for six or eight years and am very happy with the service.

leVieux

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    I ended up ordering a Minotaur Mtac recommended by kirkdbergeron. It really sucks that all the places I called in the BR area did not have any thing I was looking for. THanks for all the advice everyone.

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    I use a raven IWB for a 5" 1911 w/ TLR-1 attached at a 4 o'clock position. It only took about 4 weeks from the time I placed my order (and that was a special order than required custom fitting).

Something else that hasn't been mentioned yet, is if you don't already, get a good stiff belt designed to support the weight of your blaster, holster, and any spare mags or other batman belt accessories you desire to carry.

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    The Minotaur Mtac is very comfortable so far and I really like how the carried angle is adjustable. I do have one issue and I am not sure if it is something I am doing or just the combination of my 1911 and this holster.

I have an oversized safety and every once in a while I find it switched to off safety while carrying. I cannot switch to a regular safety because my thumbs ride on this one and it is part of my shooting.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice on another style that allows for better fit of this style safety?

!1.JPG

!2.JPG

!3.JPG

!4.JPG

Top Bottom