1911 holster help, need advice and pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Does anybody carry a 1911 officer or any other size for that matter. I want to carry mine and Im looking for the RIGHT holster. If anyone has a Milt VM2 or CTAC could you please send me a pic of it being worn. Im stuck between these two. Ive seen alot of post of the VM2 being the most comfartable and the ctac seems really thin and adjustable so Im stuck. Im what you would call a skinny azz so it aint easy and I mostly just wear jeans and tshirt. I was going to carry the p64 which was easy to conceal but I had a couple probs feeding jhp and my Kimber has been flawless so Im gonna give it a try.
    Thanks for the help.
    Wade

tea333

Dysfunctional Vet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    What do you folks think about the Yaqui Slide holster for the 1911? I picked one up from a friend that was unused, made by El Paso Saddlery.

ElPasoYaquiSlide_SA1911A_102.jpg

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    I’ve carried a 1911, Kimber Royal Carry, in Milt Sparks VM 2 for 10 years or so now. I’ve tried many holsters and have always come right back to VM 2, it’s the most comfortable and concealable I’ve found. I can’t post a pick because I’m at work and can’t access them right now. I don’t have any pictures while wearing it but I’ll post a picture of the holster when I get home if no one has already done so. It will take a week or so to break-in but I guarantee once it does you’ll forget you have it on.

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn’t realize how long ago the original post was posted. I see you already another rdered holster. Hope you like it.

DCP00999.jpg

Last edited:

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    on the vm2 does it hold the gun in there real snug? snug enough to ride a motorcycle all day long without having to worry? i have been useing an unkle mike's sidekick size 15 for about 2 years, i cut the strap off the top. this holster is a cheap piece of garbage, but it does what i need it to do, i would just like something alittle better.

LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    on the vm2 does it hold the gun in there real snug? snug enough to ride a motorcycle all day long without having to worry? i have been useing an unkle mike's sidekick size 15 for about 2 years, i cut the strap off the top. this holster is a cheap piece of garbage, but it does what i need it to do, i would just like something alittle better.

i've been wondering the same thing. i'll be riding a motard, so i'll be sitting a little straighter up than most.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Here is my 1911 holster. I had it made by Dave, the owner of Little Bear Holsters out of Fl. It's cow hide with alligator trim. Adjustable cant and sits low. I have no worries about it popping out on me.

n1261272835_30267485_8780.jpg

n1261272835_30267487_7037.jpg

It carry's like a dream.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie

Absolutely, I do it all the time. A few years agoI had to jump a page fence. Swing over the fence and did a roll on the other side. Pistol didn’t move.

The VM 2 isn’t cheep but I’m betting I’ll never need to replace it. The snaps or hold down straps may eventually wear out (haven’t in the last six years of daily use) but they are replaceable. You can also get Kydex clips that attach where the hold down straps are attach that turn it into a tuckable holster. It works, I’ve tried it. Holster used to come with straps and clips as a package deal. Clips are now extra.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom