1911 sights..........lets talk.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The sights that came on my Springfield are made by Novak. They're tritium/white dot. They're great even with my poor distance vision...

picture.php

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I really like shooting Fiber Optic sights like the Tru-Glo. Unfortunately I have seen far to many break to think of them a suitable for a duty/carry/training gun. The Big Dots are as percision as any sight on the market if you invest in the training time to learn to use them.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I really like shooting Fiber Optic sights like the Tru-Glo. Unfortunately I have seen far to many break to think of them a suitable for a duty/carry/training gun. The Big Dots are as percision as any sight on the market if you invest in the training time to learn to use them.

The TFOs are better in that respect than regular fiber optic sight in that they are fully recessed. This does cut down on the amount of light they can gather, but they are still plenty bright. They are never any less visible than regular 3-dot sights, and you can get them with orange/green dot combinations to further distinguish the front sight.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    During classes I have both shot and instructed it is always the one handed manipulation drills that spell the end of the Fiber-Optic sights.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom