1911? which one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NONE ???????????

To me a 1911 is like a date with the cheerleading captain, you KNOW its going to cost, you KNOW shes picky as hell, you KNOW she aint giving you none but you are only doing it for people to see you with her.

I still have one or two of them in my safe but I cant think of the last time they saw any use, I like a gun that runs regardless of the situation and ammo I want to use.

As a strict RANGE toy I would roll STI Trojan

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If it aint a Pony its a Phony!
    Thats all I have to say about that.

The Phony Pony is Baloney. I had a Colt and sold it to purchase an Ed Brown. The Brown is a much finer firearm. Fit and finish are excellent. Way more precise than the colt. My opinion. Accuracy is the best of any weapon I have ever shot.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I love my M&P's, and I got the 1911's for eye candy for my holsters, but they are some smooth running guns. NOT the first problem out of either one, I put 1000 rounds through the Trojan without a hicup. Not so much out of the MC operator, I don't have any .45 left.... but it shot every round I could find and it runs like a champ.

I thought the M&P was going to be the girl I brought to the dance, but I brought my STI, there is something sweet about shooting 9mm out of a 1911, the range officers didn't like it, they were getting pelted with brass, but I was having fun.

NONE ???????????

To me a 1911 is like a date with the cheerleading captain, you KNOW its going to cost, you KNOW shes picky as hell, you KNOW she aint giving you none but you are only doing it for people to see you with her.

I still have one or two of them in my safe but I cant think of the last time they saw any use, I like a gun that runs regardless of the situation and ammo I want to use.

As a strict RANGE toy I would roll STI Trojan

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I thought the M&P was going to be the girl I brought to the dance, but I brought my STI, there is something sweet about shooting 9mm out of a 1911, the range officers didn't like it, they were getting pelted with brass, but I was having fun.

Lloyd can easily fix that for you. I had a similar problem with my SA, but he tuned the ejector and now he no longer is hit with hot brass when i shoot.

brainfried

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Prairieville
    The Phony Pony is Baloney. I had a Colt and sold it to purchase an Ed Brown. The Brown is a much finer firearm. Fit and finish are excellent. Way more precise than the colt. My opinion. Accuracy is the best of any weapon I have ever shot.

Had exactly the same experience. I bought a Colt and within three months traded it for a Dan Wesson. The DW is also a much finer firearm and I could not be happier. More accurate and never have had a single issue due to the weapon.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Had exactly the same experience. I bought a Colt and within three months traded it for a Dan Wesson. The DW is also a much finer firearm and I could not be happier. More accurate and never have had a single issue due to the weapon.

I did the same thing with my SA. Traded it for a Dan Wesson VBOB. The thing is amazing. I have a Wilson CQB on order also and I really cant wait for it to be done.

Top Bottom