FACTS... about gun control..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. By 1987 that figure had risen to 61,911,000.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952 10,076,000 political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated in Kuomintang China, and by 1987 another 35,236,000 exterminations were carried out under the Communists.

Germany established gun control1 in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, without the means to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979 under General Idi Amin Dada, 300,000 Christians and political rivals of Amin2, unable to defend them*selves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. Between 1975 and 19793, 2,035,000 "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In a March 1976 coup in Argentina, a military junta seized power and went on a campaign to wipe out left-wing terrorism with terror far worse than the one they were combating. For seven years thousands of people, most of them dissidents and innocent civilians unconnected with terrorism, were arrested and then vanished without a trace, the Argentinian service chief's version of Hitler's Nacht und Nebel directive. After democracy was restored in 1983, a national commission was appointed to investigate the fate of "los desaparecidos." That report revealed the systematic abductions of men women and children and the methodic use of torture and murder. Human rights groups say up to 30,000 people4 were killed or "disappeared" as the military waged its campaign against a disarmed citizenry.

The United Nations imposed gun control after civil war broke out in Bosnia-Herzegovina in 1992. Although the town of Srebrenica was a UN-designated "safe area," in July of 1995 more than 7,000 unarmed Muslim men and boys were murdered by Serb forces as the UN forces in the town proved unable or unwilling to help its Muslim population.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: at least 56 million5... that we know about. The places are all too familiar: Stalin's Russia, Nazi Germany, Communist China, Uganda, Rwanda, Guatemala, Cambodia, Armenia, The Sudan, Bosnia and many more.

In April 2000, toward the end of Sierra Leone's 11-year civil war in which the United Nations convinced civilians to surrender their private weapon, those citizens ended up defenseless when 500 UNAMSIL peacekeepers in the east, unable to protect even themselves, were taken hostage by rebels moving on the capital of Freetown.

And back in Uganda, extreme brutality and death continue today due to the government's continued attempts at "forceful disarmament6" of the civilian populace, primarily Karamojong tribespeople.

Additionally, in 2006 the genocide of unarmed victims in Darfur is unfathomably bad, more than two million people, yet no one has acted to stop it. The United Nations has failed to issue any meaningful sanctions against the openly racist Islamist dictatorship in Khartoum perpetrating it, or to even call it a genocide.

At one point gun confiscation in this country was unthinkable, yet we saw it occur quite openly in 1991 in New York City, enabled solely due to a registration scheme put into place in 1967 when Mayor John V. Lindsay signed a long gun registration law which was later used as a confiscation list.

These are the facts of gun control, this has ALWAYS been the result of gun control, for anyone to belive the United States shall not be sentenced to these same horrors would be simply ignorant and arrogant.

information source: TGZ

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    guncontrol.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    and ... :confused:

I'm pretty sure we all agree gun control is bad. :rolleyes:

BTW They've got a video with these stats somewhere arounf the net. I'll search for it.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't think anyone here would disagree that registration can lead to confiscation.

I do wonder what happens to your local gun shops paper work ? They have ALL your info as well, that's pretty much registration isn't it ?

BTW here's the 20/20 video that so many like to watch.

Part 1
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=753_1242151359
    Part 2
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=642_1242229404

60 Minutes Scare Tactics on Guns in America
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e90_1239670174

Jackie Mason on Gun Control
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ed7_1229901128

ABC Report - Problems with Gun Control
    (Great Graph about the Murder Rate in DC going UP after they passed the DC gun Law)
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5fb_1182020719

NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=380_1174889100

I could do this all day :D

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    but wouldnt signing your name to a piece of paper informing the powers that be as to where the guns are and who has them is catering to gun control?

What im trying to say , and what it seems nobody gets is that when you apply for a CCW permit, you are furthering the gun control in America. You are saying that its ok that the government makes a list of whos got the guns, and its ok that they can take your rights away as they see fit. In each of the above instances, the first people to have their guns taken were those who :"registered" a firearm, those are the Law abiding ones, and the first people killed? yup you guessed it, the Law abiding ones.
    Dont believe the Hype, learn to ask questions, ask why the local municipalities need to know you have a gun, if you are not a crook, ask why the push for getting people to declare their weapons is so strong by government affiliates, ask why your right to bear arms comes second to someone elses right to decide when and how you can bear those arms.
    You may think that having to "register" or get a "permit" is acceptable, but have you ever heard the information above and realized that nothing good, has EVER come from registering or permitting a firearm anywhere else in the world?

Reminds of of a few words by Chris Rock...

"Dont go to places with metal detectors.. sure its safe inside, but what about all those Niggas waiting outside with guns? They know you aint got one!"

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    The best way to control gun crimes, automatic death penalty for committing a crime with a gun whether armed robbery, murder, rape, assault, attempted murder, car jacking. Or better yet make it mandatory that all U.S. citizens over the age of 18 is required to take a handgun course and are required to carry a hand gun. Make a semester in highschool P.E. to train in Rifle and Pistol. Yea it would be like the wild west for a short time, but the bad guys would have second thoughts about trying commit a crime when there is a strong possibility that the victim might be a better shot.
    Both a little extreme but would work a whole lot better than taking guns from law-abiding citizens. Confiscation of arms has never worked for the honest people. It works very well for the criminals and dictators.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I might possibly be wrong, but I believe the FFL hangs onto the yellow form you fill out when you purchase a firearm.
    And they have to hold onto them for so many years.
    I do not believe they get sent anywhere.

But a national, Federal registration of all firearms is too much of a power to grant to any President, let alone our current one!

What could such a database be used for?

Just off the top of my head,
    1.) Let's say there is a murder in your area complete with a .357 mag bullet riddled corpse.
    They check the database and find that you are the only one in the general vicinity that owns (or at least has registered) a 686 S&W .357.
    That *might* be construed as enough probable cause for a judge to sign a search warrant.
    They knock on your door, take your .357, and have some "tech" a a lab perform a ballistics evaluation of your revolver.
    Any chance that a certain run of 686s might have similar barrel ballistics?
    You could wind up wrongly arrested for the crime because of said tests.

Or, let's say Congress does get another assault weapons ban passed and Pres. Obama signs it.
    What if the wording in the law prohibits ownership?
    They check the database for now-illegal weapons, and come knocking on your door with a warrant for those weapons.

In either of these cases, and regardless of what the original intent was advertised as, a great many responsible gun owners will be intimidated and scared into selling their weapons.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    but wouldnt signing your name to a piece of paper informing the powers that be as to where the guns are and who has them is catering to gun control?

What im trying to say , and what it seems nobody gets is that when you apply for a CCW permit, you are furthering the gun control in America.

The same argument applies when mentioning the money paid as well. Funding gun control with CHP permits? Oh no he didn't ! Priceless !

Just making a statement .... :mamoru:

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    The best way to control gun crimes, automatic death penalty for committing a crime with a gun whether armed robbery, murder, rape, assault, attempted murder, car jacking. Or better yet make it mandatory that all U.S. citizens over the age of 18 is required to take a handgun course and are required to carry a hand gun. Make a semester in highschool P.E. to train in Rifle and Pistol. Yea it would be like the wild west for a short time, but the bad guys would have second thoughts about trying commit a crime when there is a strong possibility that the victim might be a better shot.
    Both a little extreme but would work a whole lot better than taking guns from law-abiding citizens. Confiscation of arms has never worked for the honest people. It works very well for the criminals and dictators.

so the best way to handle gun control is more government control? NICE! let me ask you this, what if its you who commits the "crime" with a gun, say you shoot a guy trying to rob you and are later found guilty by a kangaroo court? you ready for the needle?

a mandatory class? wait, so the father to son thing isnt worth a ****, i need some moron who took a class to instruct my kids?

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    so the best way to handle gun control is more government control? NICE! let me ask you this, what if its you who commits the "crime" with a gun, say you shoot a guy trying to rob you and are later found guilty by a kangaroo court? you ready for the needle?

a mandatory class? wait, so the father to son thing isnt worth a ****, i need some moron who took a class to instruct my kids?

If he is trying to rob me, then I have committed no crime.
    but I was kinda being sarcastic I guess, going from 1 extreme to the other. 2 different means to an end. Ya know,They want to take All our guns, I say give everyone a gun. All the criminals have them, shouldn't every law-abiding citizen be put on the same playing field. Put a gun in every citizens hand. Will this solve the problem, maybe yes maybe no. But I do know what WILL NOT work, confiscation. And I know that the justice system isn't working for the victims of gun crimes. the criminals usually get off lightly. Yea some get life in prison. Is that helping gun crimes? NO.

Top Bottom