Which AR is "Better"??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I've got a friend who is wanting to trade AR's with me, but I'm not sure which one is the "better" rifle - quality and longevity wise.

Mine is a Stag Arms "Stag-15 2T". It's got the collapsible stock, flat top receiver, 4-way handguard, and regular barrel. Only sights on it are the original BUIS sights. Maybe 2-300 rounds down the pipe. The link below will give you a decent representation of the rifle -

http://www.gunblast.com/STAG15.htm

My friends rifle is an Armalite A2 model. It's got the non-removable carry handle, heavy barrel, non-factory muzzle brake, and a cheap scope with mount. Something like this, except all black -

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.as...Category=8e8e5de6-5022-483e-812b-822e58014822

All in all, I can't have both, and I want to have a good rifle either way. What are the pro's and con's of each rifle??

Also, what would the Armalite be worth, compared to the Stag Arms??

Thanks for all the help guys, it's greatly appreciated as usual!!

DAVE

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Keep the one you've got. You can add a carry handle but he can't remove his to put on a proper scope. And if you ever need to lug the AR around you don't want the heavy barrel. If you only have one, have yours.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Keep the one you've got. You can add a carry handle but he can't remove his to put on a proper scope. And if you ever need to lug the AR around you don't want the heavy barrel. If you only have one, have yours.

While reenacting scenes from "Die Hard", I did notice quite a bit of difference in the weight.

How much (currently) would his Armalite sell for?? He may want me to sell it for him since I won't trade.

DAVE

hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Dollar for Dollar, your Stag is worth more on most any internet site. If your not happy with yours for any reason, then the "value" is totally up to you. But I say keep yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom