WANTED AR-15 Carbine Upper Budget $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    WANTED AR-15 Carbine Upper

Budget $500

Let me know whatcha got. I am in Cali and would pay for shipping costs.

Thanks,

-B

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    Not one of these guys... Arg

Did you know you never start a sentence with the word 'But' ???

Ya your **** stinks too buddy.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    huh? I was glad to see a guy from Cali. I lived in San Diego for 10 years and in HUntington Beach for 2 years. My biggest grip with Cali is that my mother-in-law is there.

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    LOL. That is funny. Ya cali is nice. Pricey but nice. Like stated earlier, gun laws suck and there are two many hippies. I dont know how effective this thread will be for actually getting ahold of an upper, but i guess its a good opportunity to familiarize myself with the community here. Other then homeboy correcting every punctuation and spelling error, I really like this forum. Keep an ear open for an upper for me. :)

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    Already got my lower together, so all I need is an upper. I have found it is more expensive building from scratch. I thought it would be the opposite. Everything else I build from scratch is always cheaper. ie: Computers.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    yes, it is more expensive building from scratch, but if you buy a rifle kit, it is cheaper. In fact, you can buy a rifle kit in the configuration you need, and sell the LPK for ~ $75, and sell the stock assembly for ~$75, and actually be well below your $500 budget then. I'm sure you are aware, but dont forget about the laws in California regarding flash suppressors, evil bayonet lugs and collapsible stocks, etc.... I doubt many people on this site will actually have Cali approved uppers, as most Post bans were converted after the ban sunsetted in '04.
    I'd try and give M&A Parts, Inc. a call and see if they have a Post-ban configuration upper/kit in your price range. They seem to have a good supply of the non-standard kits, and super fast shipping.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    When I was in Cali for Christmas I went to a couple gun shops there to see what it was like. Looked just like ones here with smaller magazines. I actually found a place that had a very nice 1851 Colt Navy and a couple Dragoons.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    When I was in Cali for Christmas I went to a couple gun shops there to see what it was like. Looked just like ones here with smaller magazines. I actually found a place that had a very nice 1851 Colt Navy and a couple Dragoons.

Yeah, they may look the same, but I bet that none of the AR's had bayonet lugs, or flash suppressors. They probably had Mock suppressors that were muzzle breaks. Also, a lot of them have a limited amound of rounds, in a magazine that requires a "bullet button", a device that needs a tool, usually a bullet tip, to remove the magazine.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Yeah, they may look the same, but I bet that none of the AR's had bayonet lugs, or flash suppressors. They probably had Mock suppressors that were muzzle breaks. Also, a lot of them have a limited amound of rounds, in a magazine that requires a "bullet button", a device that needs a tool, usually a bullet tip, to remove the magazine.

Yeah there was a guy talking about that. When I said I was from Louisiana he was teasing me that at least in Cali they dont confiscate your weapons. LOL

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    The laws are not that bad. If you have a bullet button the other "evil Features" are permitted...

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/building-a-california--legal-ar-15-rifle.aspx

A) The Assault Weapons Ban in California bans specific makes and models of rifles by name. If you did not own one of those rifles before the ban was passed in 2000 then you can not legally own one in California now. Since new rilfe manufacturers and models are created all the time, it was difficult for the California lawmakers to keep the list up to date. In order to handle this situation, they also banned any rifle that has specific characteristics that are common with the types of rifles they were intending to ban. These characteristics, commonly referred to as "evil features" consist of things such as pistol grips, flash-hiders, and collapsible or folding stocks. The primary feature they were concerned with was a removable magazine. If your rifle does not have a removable magazine then it can have any and all of the "evil features". If your rifle does have a removeable magazine, then it cannot have any evil features. A product such as the Bullet Button creates a fixed magazine rifle. The MonsterMan Grip does not meet the definition of a pistol grip. By building your rifle using one of these products or other similar ones, taking care to fully understand the law, you can configure a legal AR-15 rifle for use in the state of California.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom