1954 M1 Garand

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    they have just been shot in 4 differant rofles so far all have low Te and musle #is
    I shipped some to a fellow CMP board member who show some and they got the same group ans the other rifles 1.5"

Horticattleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Looks pretty typical of a Post Korea Garand. Nice shape. Springfield post war stock. All I see is HRA is the gas cylinder lock screw. Clean it all with mineral spirits and the put some BLO (boiled linseed oil) on the stock. Do it in "lifts" Put a good bit on, let it dry a while and then wipe the excess. You can continue until you get the right tint you want. Make sure you shoot the appropriate ammo in Garands. I replace op rods from folks all the time who shoot commercial loads that are too hot and it bends the op rods.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Thanks for the tips. Since those photos were taken, I did clean it up and lube/oil as it needed. I also put BLO on the stock which cleaned up very nicely.
    I load my own and have been following NRA's guide lines as far as recommended loads for the M1. I've also installed one of those after market gas lock screws. Shoots very well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom