200 yard Highpower Match at Gonzales Sunday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    There is a 200 yard reduced course match on Sunday November 23rd at the Ascension Parish Sheriff's range in Gonzales. Registration begins at 8:00 and ends at 8:30. Shooting begins at 9:00. If you will get to the range at about 7:45, we can put you through a short "clinic" and have you ready to shoot by the match. During the match we will be able to coach you. It is a great way to get started (I did it this way).

Email me if you are going to come so that I can bring enough equipmnet and ammo.

dzelenka@couhigpartners.com

Dan

PS There will be other new shooters attending so don't be shy.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Aw man, of all the weekends it has to be on one I'm going out of town. My friend called and is coming in town Saturday, now this!!!

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    dan what equipment?? what do yall shoot with and also i remember a youth shooting group you posted about before,mind droping some details about that also,,if not here in a pm, my daughter is 7 and im looking to get her into something like this..ill worry about me later

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    7 is going to be a bit young. We usually start them at 14. The main problem is that they need the upper body strength to shoot an AR-15 offhand for 20 shots.

For equipment, we have spare NM AR-15 rifles, mats, spotting scopes and stands, and stools. I can even fit size 38 - 40 with jackets (maybe borrow other sizes at the match if someone is willing to loan one.

For rifles, you can look on the Rock River web site at the National Match rifles. That will give you an idea of the rifles. M1 Garands and M1As work also. There will be some people shooting specialized match rifles, but those are not too common.

Dan

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Aw man, of all the weekends it has to be on one I'm going out of town. My friend called and is coming in town Saturday, now this!!!

Just remember the full 600 XTC is usually held on the 3rd Sat of the month in Palo Alto and the reduced 200 XTC is usually held the 4th Sunday of every month in Gonzales.

I hope to make this one since I missed the full but not sure yet.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I just saw it and replied.

We eat breakfast at the McDonalds on Hwy 30 by the I-10 before we go to the range - around 7:00 or so.

Dan

Top Bottom