2009 Bayou State Regional High Power Rifle Championships

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club will again host the 2009 Bayou State Regional High Power Rifle Championships. This year's Championships will be held April 17-19, 2009, and will be limited to the range capacity of 60 competitors. The 2008 Championships were sold out, so competitors that are interested in shooting in this year's match should pre-register early. A waiting list will be created once 60 competitors have pre-registered. Also, as with last year's match, the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit will be sending 10 competitors to fire in the matches.

This year, competitors can pre-register for the match on-line, and pay with a credit card. To pre-register using this method, please click the link below.
    http://www.honeyisland.org/regional

For those who prefer to pre-register by mail, please follow the directions as outlined in the attached Regional Program.

I hope to see you at the Championships.

Dan

PS If you have any questons, contact me at dzelenka at couhigpartners dot com

jdhunt3

The LeatherMeister!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    Why not the Regional?

Okay, I know you always take one for the team at the Leg Match, but why don't you every shoot in the Regional? You'll be shooting against people in your class instead of the free-for-all in the EIC.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    I made both this past Oct. I try to make one match per month due to family, work, etc. I don't really think of it as competeing against others.... yet, I still have a long way to go. I'm just interested in doing better each time I go out and hopefully beating others will come in time.

1) If it has to be one then I prefer the EIC to get the body count up.

2) And as of reading about the new rule change today about having to stay in position during rapids, I'm not particularly happy with the NRA at this time. I understand they consider it a safety issue but I'd rather load after getting into position if a rule change is required. I've only been doing this for a little over a year and the offhand portion is my favorite but having to get into position on rapids was something that I "enjoyed" to do.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    LCPL4,

jdhunt3 thought you were George Fournet. That is why he was messing with you. i set him straight. It is good to get the body count up.

Rule change? I need to go do some research. CMP will DQ you if you don't stand for the rapids.

You shooting saturday?

Dan

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Mistake me for George? His eyes are getting much worse than he thinks.

Big long thread about it at nationalmatch.us

So said rule change by NRA wants us in position for rapids - safety reasons. CMP will still be standing to position.

Saturday - Don't know yet. 75% positive as of now. Will see as it gets closer.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I will take a look. That will make shooting cleans infinitely easier. I can only imagine what starting from a good NPA will do.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    There are only 4 spots left for the Regional on Saturday. We can accomodate more for the Team match on Friday and the Leg match on Sunday.

Top Bottom