2010 Census

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Have they started yet with the Census takers going door to door? About two weeks ago I was down and out with strep throat, and this chick carrying a blue bag was knocking on the door. I opened the door, she asked if she could have a few minutes of my time, and I told her I had strep throat. I never saw someone so eager to get away from me so quickly.
    I think they are just passing out questionnaires right
    now.

:)

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Have they started yet with the Census takers going door to door? About two weeks ago I was down and out with strep throat, and this chick carrying a blue bag was knocking on the door. I opened the door, she asked if she could have a few minutes of my time, and I told her I had strep throat. I never saw someone so eager to get away from me so quickly.

Regarding the paper form, I will only answer the questions required by the Constitution.

I think the target date is the first week of April.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I think they are just passing out questionnaires right
    now.

:)

I think the target date is the first week of April.

Oh well, I guess she was just your run of the mill, door to door solicitor. It is amazing how they knock, ring the door bell, etc. then don't want to talk to you when you are dealing with things like staph infections, the flu, or strep throat.:rofl:

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just think; there are approx 100 million homes in the US. That means they spent $44 million in postage alone to send you a letter to tell you they were going to send you a letter.

That, my friends, is the the American way.

Last edited:

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I got the same letter telling me the census is on the way. Between the millions spent on the Super Bowl ad and this letter I, or anybody else, has no excuse to not do your Constitutional duty.

On whether you fill out the long form or short form I suggest reading this thread.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I think I'm going to take it to the range and shoot three shots in it, circle them, and write in big sharpie letters "THIS IS HOW MANY PEOPLE I LIVE WITH." And draw an arrow pointing to the bullet holes...

I wonder if there could be serious repercussions?

Don't know - but I like it.
    BTW, we got a pre-letter, then the census itself, Then a followup letter stating that we should have received a census form. The USPS should be able to show a 1st quarter profit this year!

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    People are blowing this census thing way out of proportion. Fill out the ten questions and mail it back like you're required to. Not EVERYTHING is a giant government conspiracy.

And y'all are bitching about wasted postage. How many of you even realize that incumbent members of Congress get to mail campaign material to their constituents all on the taxpayers dime. It's called the franking privilege, read about it. Next time you throw away something from your representative or senator, just remember that you paid that postage so they could send you their crap. And in reality, tax dollars are ultimately comingled, so I'm sure all of us have paid for Nancy Pelosi's campaign mailings to some degree.

Last edited:

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    I got the letter, week later got the forms, answered the questions, mailed it back and today I got a card saying that under the penalty of law I had to fill it out and mail it back.
    And if I had already done that, thank you very much! Thanks you note?
    Well, what the hell? how much did that cost, two threatening letters and one form with 10 questions.
    Health care should be fun, I'm on medicare, I guess my primary doctor may be somewhere in Kansas.
    Like Pelosi said, this bill will put 400 thousand people to work right away.....new government workers to send threatening letters to us. That has to be the most stupid bitch I have ever seen or heard about.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    People are blowing this census thing way out of proportion. Fill out the ten questions and mail it back like you're required to. Not EVERYTHING is a giant government conspiracy.

And y'all are bitching about wasted postage. How many of you even realize that incumbent members of Congress get to mail campaign material to their constituents all on the taxpayers dime. It's called the franking privilege, read about it. Next time you throw away something from your representative or senator, just remember that you paid that postage so they could send you their crap. And in reality, tax dollars are ultimately comingled, so I'm sure all of us have paid for Nancy Pelosi's campaign mailings to some degree.

And we are all saying that regardless, that is tax money that either
    a) Could have been better spend on something else
    b) Never had to be taxed from us in the first place.

Yes, it may have only been 1 million to print and mail out those pre-letters and post-letters, but a million here, a million there, and eventually, NOT taking that money from me, and you, is a big screen TV in my living room. And a new pistol for you, or a vataction for you and your wife.

It has gotten to the point that ANY government waste just pisses me off.

/mini-rant off.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    To date, I have received:
    the postcard about the upcoming census
    the census form itself, which I filled out and sent in
    a letter telling me it is my duty under law (or something to that effect) to fill out the census form
    another census form just in case I hadn't filled in the first census form

I sure as hell hope government efficiency is a little better with health care reform because that seems like A LOT of effort to count the number of adults in ONE house.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I sure as hell hope government efficiency is a little better with health care reform...
    Don't hold your breath! This is the same government that includes a useless printed page entitled "Paperwork Reduction Act Notice" along with tax forms, etc. Blithering idiots...

Top Bottom