2012 Area 4 Championship SLASH Louisiana Gator Classic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Folks,

For 2012 the Louisiana Gator Classic will be Area 4 Championship match.

The dates will be October 25-28.

More info to come but it will be at the same range as previous Gator Classic Events.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Scooterj - No doubt. It's going to fill up REALLY fast. I think it may be as bad as entering a big 3 gun. Any idea when the apps might come out?

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I've worked the last three Area 4 Championships. Normally, you have shooters scheduled for either Friday or Saturday/Sunday. Don't remember how many there were last year (may have been smaller), but at least one of those years (2009?) had up to around 350 or so, if you include ROs, IIRC, and the others were 300+. Seemed like that many after running shooters for 3 days straight ;)

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Can I pre-register now?

Actually - put me on the list to help work / score keep - surely that will help me get a spot ;-)
    Still better get your app in early. There were guys who offered to help do "whatever" last year that were put on the waiting list.........They didn't get in!

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Curtis - I meant that the gator last year was limited to just 200 plus staff (give or take)

I sure hope they do a Friday shoot because if not it will make this match where a lot of people can't shoot.

Heck other than ONE area match last year - they were all above 250 and most over 300+ with some over 400 shooters - I would hate to see an Area match limited to 200 shooters.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Curtis - I meant that the gator last year was limited to just 200 plus staff (give or take)

I sure hope they do a Friday shoot because if not it will make this match where a lot of people can't shoot.

Comprende. :thumbsup:

I don't see how in heck they could have the A4 Championship without running a Friday squad but the world is full of brighter bulbs than me ;)

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    This is good news. My hope is that now that the 2012 Gator becomes a Level III, it will give the event and the event organizers the type of national shooting sports media exposure it and they deserve, as well as spotlighting the number of top notch shooters we have here in southeast Louisiana.

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Remember also that this isn't permanent. The Area Director chooses where to have the Area 4 match. I wish Troy the best and hope he has many years of great service - but if for some reason he decides next year that he doesn't want to do this gig anymore and lets just say someone from the Oklahoma or Arkansas area runs and wins AD - they would have the match where it is easy for them to put on. I'm sort of torn - it is great having an area match so close - but I didn't want to have to lose the Gator in order to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom