2012 Area 4 Championship SLASH Louisiana Gator Classic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Keep in mind though, Kev-- there were a lot of people left out in the cold for the Gator this year, when it filled up so quickly.
    More shooters can be accommodated, but it will take some serious planning. Something as simple as adding one more shooter to each squad will bring the number up by 13. Adding a squad and having one squad with down time while the others are shooting adds another 14 or so. The down squad can also be perusing the vendor's area. That would be an added bonus for the guys that give so much to our sport.

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Or add a Friday shoot option like EVERY other area match and that adds a good 144 available to shoot.

Problem solved. If they wanted to.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Or add a Friday shoot option like EVERY other area match and that adds a good 144 available to shoot.

Problem solved. If they wanted to.
    One thing we all must remember is this is a volunteer sport and most of the folks that make these matches possible give up much more than the 3 or 4 days on which the match is held. Set-up usually starts on Tuesday and all the props must be repaired, repainted, or refurbished before that.
    We all want the Gator to be the best match in USPSA but without more help from more people, it can't grow. If anyone has any ideas or can do anything to lessen the load of those that do year after year, give Gary a call and talk to him.

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Steph,

Lok at the attendance from last years area matches. They usually have more people than a regular section type match. That's what makes an area match a step above a sectional. Also why people like STI pay more for their contingency program for an Area match vs regular matches. For the most part they have more people. Just because you open Friday up for a full day shoot doesn't mean it will fill up. But it will give others an extra chance to shoot. Just a thought and il willing to help as needed to do anything for the match.

Area 2 - 412
    Area 8 - 310
    Area 4 - 274
    Area 3 - 290
    Area 1 - 336
    Area 5 - 359
    Area 6 - 349

L10TootieLynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chauvin, LA
    Anyway, we have to remember this will only be for one year. From what Mr. Gary explained to us at the RO class there will be no more shooters added. He doesn't want to ask anymore of the people that help out. If shooters were added the ROs and staff would have to shoot a lot earlier in the week and and it is hard enough for people to take off of work to help out and shoot on Thursday and Friday.

L10TootieLynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chauvin, LA
    I agree Brandon it will definitely be smaller than a normal Area match but this is being done as a favor to Troy so he didn't have to put on an Area match at such short notice. I know people are upset that they will miss out on a match this year but unfortunately they will just have to hope and pray they get a spot!!

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    I know my app is going out day 1. My checks written ready to go out. I'm excited either way it's going to be a blast and no doubt Gary, Barbara, Troy, Forrest and everyone will put on one helluva Area match!!!

L10TootieLynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chauvin, LA
    I know my app is going out day 1. My checks written ready to go out. I'm excited either way it's going to be a blast and no doubt Gary, Barbara, Troy, Forrest and everyone will put on one helluva Area match!!!

Agreed!!!! I am ready too!! I just hope people don't get really pissed about it. They have looked at every angle, last year there were 14 squads on Saturday and Sunday, 12 stages, chronograph, and a break. If they add more people to the squads that means if we get jammed up at any stage disaster could strike, LOL!!!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Anyway, we have to remember this will only be for one year. From what Mr. Gary explained to us at the RO class there will be no more shooters added. He doesn't want to ask anymore of the people that help out. If shooters were added the ROs and staff would have to shoot a lot earlier in the week and and it is hard enough for people to take off of work to help out and shoot on Thursday and Friday.

Remember, too, Steph-- he said that to a group of nearly 40 people who will be qualified to help out (at least in terms of RO duties) this go 'round. Food for thought.

I fully plan to RO it this year, if I'm accepted. :x:

Top Bottom