2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Wal-Mart in covingtin has a box of 500 Federal .223 under the counter. Spotted at 6am this morning. Nothing else new that I saw.
    I'm telling on you!(not) I actually work at that store in Wireless... I will have to browse the sporting goods when I go in at 1pm today...(on a side note alot of the people I work with lack alot of motivation and work ethic)

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Academy in Covington report. Employee said no truck last night. All they have is some 308 behind customer service. Off to Hammond. I must be stupid.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Academy in Covington report. Employee said no truck last night. All they have is some 308 behind customer service. Off to Hammond. I must be stupid.

I've had some good luck at this store if you get there as they open on Thursday morning. They seem to get a truck in every Wednesday. Of course that can't be guaranteed! :) last Thursday they had just about every caliber with some in bulk. The bulk 9mm surprised me. Didn't need it though as I reload for that......

Nolaradio, one of these days we are going to run into each other on one of these quest. :D
    73 de KK5FE

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Nolaradio, one of these days we are going to run into each other on one of these quest. :D
    73 de KK5FE
    It's bound to happen sooner or later. The problem with Thursday morning is I'm already at work at 530 a.m.. Might be worth it to go in late 1 morning. Leaving Academy in Hammond. 308 and high price 45 auto behind customer service no guns received last night or this morning.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I got to Academy Covington at 8:05AM Thursday. They had one can of 5.56, .45ACP and some .22LR and .22WMR. Not exactly worth going in late to work for. ;)

The worst part is they're breaking open the bricks and selling the .22LR in individual boxes. And you can only buy one. Gee, thanks.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    EXACTLY!!!! And selling it for the 1000 round price! You buy 500 rounds and your receipt says you bought 1000...... :mad:

Not even that. When I went all they had was the Wildcat .22LR. Instead of selling in the 1000rd box, they're selling the individual 50rd boxes for $2.29, limit one. :ghey:

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Not even that. When I went all they had was the Wildcat .22LR. Instead of selling in the 1000rd box, they're selling the individual 50rd boxes for $2.29, limit one. :ghey:

When I went there they had Winchester M-22 1000 round boxes that they pulled the two inner 500 round boxes out. The 1000 round box goes for about $45. They were selling the 500 round inner box for $45 each. I'm wondering if the company knows they are doing that. I suppose they can do what they want.....

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    When I went there they had Winchester M-22 1000 round boxes that they pulled the two inner 500 round boxes out. The 1000 round box goes for about $45. They were selling the 500 round inner box for $45 each. I'm wondering in the company knows they are doing that. I suppose they can do what they want.....

Sounds like a mixup to me, I don't think the M22 inner boxes are marked for individual sale. If that happened to me I think I'd be walking out of there with the full 1000rds unless they could figure out how to ring it up correctly.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Vincent's pawn in Covington. WTF? Same .223 that I bought at WallyWorld last weekend for less than $8.00, Vincent's price: $25. TulAmmo .45 for $29. I guess someone is going to buy it. Honestly, if I were a bad guy, I'd have to see how much cash you had in your wallet before I shot you over it. At these prices, it would have to be a fat wallet for me to use a round on it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom