2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbodiford

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Heard Academy employee tell a customer yesterday that they can only sell one handgun per customer per week.
    1. No sign posted anywhere saying that.
    2. How would they know if I bought one already?
    3. They don't have enough ammo for one handgun, why would I by two or more?
    4. I smell a lawsuit waiting to happen.

They have ammo stashed for gun sales. They're allowed to sell three boxes with a gun purchase rather than one. At academy and BPS there is a handgun sale log which is sent to local PD, so they definitely know when/if you've bought a handgun. Big brother is watching.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Spent the evening locating AR small parts for a new build cuz the big suppliers were out. Figured I'd share some sources if anyone is looking. Found upper and lower spring kits, lower roll pin and trigger pin kits, and a couple sets of JP reduced power trigger springs all for descent prices plus shipping if anyone is interested:

www.cactustactical.com - JP trigger spring kit
    www.damageusa.com - Springs/pins
    www.wilsoncombat.com - gas block and various others, does allow backorder fo pretty much everything
    www.amazon.com - springs

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Spent the evening locating AR small parts for a new build cuz the big suppliers were out. Figured I'd share some sources if anyone is looking. Found upper and lower spring kits, lower roll pin and trigger pin kits, and a couple sets of JP reduced power trigger springs all for descent prices plus shipping if anyone is interested:

www.cactustactical.com - JP trigger spring kit
    www.damageusa.com - Springs/pins
    www.wilsoncombat.com - gas block and various others, does allow backorder fo pretty much everything
    www.amazon.com - springs

Add Anderson manufacturing to that list. Got everything less the bcg and stripped upper for two upper builds from them. They did forget to ship a barrel but they made up for it and shipped it out within 2 days

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    They have ammo stashed for gun sales. They're allowed to sell three boxes with a gun purchase rather than one. At academy and BPS there is a handgun sale log which is sent to local PD, so they definitely know when/if you've bought a handgun. Big brother is watching.

From what I've seen, it's a paper log. I may be wrong. But if it is, who actually searches through it? It's not like it's an easily searchable database. And what's to stop you from buying from two different locations? Unfortunately, I don't have the funds right now to buy one, much less more than one.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Would love to order one but have no ammo for one and no means to get any. :/

Freedom munitions has ammo on a regular basis. I have purchased from them on 3 occasions now and they have pretty good stuff for the money. Paid >$500 for 500 rds of Hornady A-Max Reman. BTW if you ever get a 300 get the 1/8 twist barrel.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I was under the impression you could make brass for 300 from 223.

It's a pain in the ass. There is a guy on gunbroker that will turn 1000 rds of 223 brass into 300 for like $70 + shipping both ways. Not a bad deal considering the process.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    A guy on 300blktalk.com sells blackout brass for fair price. I've bought abunch from him and most of it is on its 2nd or 3rd reload. Get 125grain noslers blems or overrun bullets from Shootersproshop.com. Powder seems to be making its way back to the shelves.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS

In the last month or so my dad has bought 2 guns from the Academy in Lafayette. A 22lr and a M&P 9mm. They didn't have ammo for either when he bought them, and would not substitute the 3 boxes of ammo for a different caliber. They told him if he brought his receipt in when they had the ammo in stock they would sell him 3 boxes.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom