2015 Mustang 5.0 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    104 in a stock mustang for more power? It will probably make less power with 104 than 93.

stock? absolutely.

Used to run 93 in my NA stangs. Turbos love high octane though, and its a noticeable difference. The only stock engine that I noticed a physical response to higher octane fuel was the wankel. I'm convinced that engine was secretly designed by a woman, it literally drinks money.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Danny, no offense, but there is a reason they don't build then like they used to. I love old cars and pushrod motors with a passion, but their days are passed. Now, cars make much more horsepower with much higher efficiency (mine makes 585 whp and gets 25 mpg highway and 18-19 city!) with less noise in cars that can put the power down more effectively.

It took years to get over emmisions and learn how to do it, but the horsepower war we are living through today blows away the late 60's and early seventies.

Its what we call "technological progress"

I've rebuilt old vettes n mustangs and I love them for what they are. They sure sound beastly when revved, but are absolutely no match for today's muscle. I love the classics, don't get me wrong, but they have 50 years of technology working against them. My personal opinion is when both vehicles are in park, the classic car wins hands down. When in gear... whole other story.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Update on mine for those that keeping up. Supposedly should ship soon. It's been vpc'd and wrapped and ready.

Side note. Doing some poking around, I found a separate engine listed for "50th anniversary model only". After seeing that, I did some more hunting. I found that the material code for the engines at the factory are different for the gt and for the 50th. I cannot find anything else yet so it could be a different part, or even just a stamp for the vin or something silly.

Also, other people have found evidence leading us to believe that the rear 1/4 glasses are power operated and open some how.

Waiting sucks.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Update on mine for those that keeping up. Supposedly should ship soon. It's been vpc'd and wrapped and ready.

Side note. Doing some poking around, I found a separate engine listed for "50th anniversary model only". After seeing that, I did some more hunting. I found that the material code for the engines at the factory are different for the gt and for the 50th. I cannot find anything else yet so it could be a different part, or even just a stamp for the vin or something silly.

Also, other people have found evidence leading us to believe that the rear 1/4 glasses are power operated and open some how.

Waiting sucks.

Waiting does suck. My commute is getting increasingly crappy. I believe for a solid week after taking delivery that I'll get to work and have to unscrew the smile off my face.

thats the first I've heard about the rear glass opening by the way.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ummm, unmodded Coyotes are doing 375-390 (as high as 402). Tune only (only saw one so far with new engine) 15's look to be 415. Basic bolt ons will only go up. Ecobeasts are impressive, but they better bring more than that to be competitive with the modded coyote (like I said)

My 9# boosted 11 coyote does 585 whp. The new one is expected to do about 620 whp at same boost (it's still early to tell) with comparable tune. Basic bolt on ones have done 450 whp. The little four banger is impressive but still missing two cylinders to compare to the turbo dyno queens like supras.

Again I'll say, there's no replacement for displacement. It's the old "I can mod and beat x car" but he can mod too and still be ahead.

My dad just put a Coyote in his 89 LX. He hasn't made it to the track with it yet. I'll let you know what happens when he does.

JR1572

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    My dad just put a Coyote in his 89 LX. He hasn't made it to the track with it yet. I'll let you know what happens when he does.

JR1572

I'm jealous. I have a 91 notch that I've been thinking seriously about doing that to. But I also need to finish my cobra, build a shop, supercharge the new 5.0 and build a 33 roadster (with coyote). So the 91 is way down on my list lol

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm jealous. I have a 91 notch that I've been thinking seriously about doing that to. But I also need to finish my cobra, build a shop, supercharge the new 5.0 and build a 33 roadster (with coyote). So the 91 is way down on my list lol

I wish he had a notch back. The last car he had (sold in 04) was a 92 notch back. That car was in the high 9's. I don't remember all the specs on it but it was fast. I'll try to get some pictures of his current car. He's re-doing the interior right now...

JR1572

ETA: These are some pictures of my brothers 00 GT. This car was lost in Katrina.

JR1572

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

I hate you so much right now.

I summarize above posts with: I'll be lowering those windows that you can't, just to hear the sc whine.

:wtc:

Last edited:

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA

How about some pics of this stable you have?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    How about some pics of this stable you have?

I'll have to get some. Had them all on Facebook and I killed Facebook (free at last!). Let me get to my computer and upload them.

Fwiw, my 50th mustang is, as of yesterday, on a rail car and heading this way. Average, dealer says is about 10 days. Woohoo!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I wish he had a notch back. The last car he had (sold in 04) was a 92 notch back. That car was in the high 9's. I don't remember all the specs on it but it was fast. I'll try to get some pictures of his current car. He's re-doing the interior right now...

JR1572

ETA: These are some pictures of my brothers 00 GT. This car was lost in Katrina.

JR1572

I love notches. Even for the almost finished beer cans that they are lol

Good looking car. Not a huge fan of new edge but the 03/04 front cap and wing delete does it for me. Love those wheels.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Here ya go.

The current 2011 gt/cs. Tvs supercharged. Stock otherwise. 585 whp.
    B4A8FBCE-A6B1-4612-B2B5-F97C960C17A7.jpg

My old 91 notch. It's currently in quite a few peices. Needs some grease worm prevention work on the underside. She's been around the block. She's a whore but she's my whore. 310 whp
    53E46EDB-1777-4DDA-9232-0D3C81D48995.jpg

My Shelby project. I just put the body on it and began fitting good, doors, etc. Maybe I'll be done springish next year. No hurry, it's a project. 375 horse (bhp) 302 and t5. Should be a kick in the ass.

9D0D8350-F421-4B21-A879-17973BF18A6E.jpg

And this is what the incoming 50th anniversary mustang will look like. Not mine but identical to it.

978162DD-65E1-4298-9FBC-F43D7B2A546D.jpg

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Fwiw, my 50th mustang is, as of yesterday, on a rail car and heading this way. Average, dealer says is about 10 days. Woohoo!
    Does Ford offer you the option to pick up the car at the factory?

I know corvette buyers have that option. I ask, because based on your posts you would be one to take advantage of that option if available.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Does Ford offer you the option to pick up the car at the factory?

I know corvette buyers have that option. I ask, because based on your posts you would be one to take advantage of that option if available.

Nope. I tried. Even bill ford had to wait for his to be delivered to a dealer. Chevy is only one that does it and even then only the vette. And that's not even at factory. They put it on a truck to the museum and deliver it there.

Thanks Neil! I love it too. Trying to decide exactly what to do with it.

I like the cs also. Love this car but I'm ready for an auto in my daily driver lol. I'd offer it to you but a friend is buying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom