Mossberg Maverick 88

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Any thoughts on the Maverick 88 security pump (6 shot)? You know,the one at Academy for $189. Is it worth owning? Really,I'm hardly ever gonna shoot this at the range on a weekly basis,but in a pickle is it something I can depend on to save my life?

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    you can definately depend on it to save your life. great, reliable shotgun. wanitng to get another one myself (i want to get a 20 inch barrel version).

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It's a good gun. Very similar to the 500. The safety is near the trigger instead of on the back of the receiver. I have a Knoxx stock on mine so with the pistol grip I find that to be preferable.

gmounce

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I have 2 of them. They have seen lots of hard use very little cleaning and still work like new. I would not pay the additional money for the mossberg 500

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The biggest difference, I have seen, is the 500 has 2 action bars on the pump slide and the 88 only has 1. Don't really see it as a disadvantage.

Aberdog1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Kansas
    I have one. I put ghost rings on it and a laser sight. It's also easy to change out the barrel for duck hunting.

Aberdog1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Kansas
    Thanks Pops1..I never noticed..I must have a newer 1. I bought it over 5 years ago. I just know it goes bang every time and hits the target if I aim correctly.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Gone witch yall.........I luv my 88, I did do a run thru polish everything I could get to, slides, ramps and stuff, didn't make it a lot smooter, dam good gun , mine has hunnerts of snakes to its credit, bout this time of year we look for the balls and send them lookn for 70 virgins, or where ever snakes go

18 in barrel, cut the stock butt stock about 2 in and remounted pad ( makes it really easy to shoulder with sling carry to front.....I definetly trust it..

It did fail me one night, walkin in botttoms spotlitin and a cat ( sounded like around 2000 lb cat ) screamed in my ear, I started steppin and tryn to jack in a round...it was locked up solid, slide wouldn't move...I thought alla was on my a** I got home in 10 min panting and realized I was already chambered...I had to buy the little gun flowers to make up for the things I said in 10 min

Don't worry about the 88 shes a warrior and can take an undeserved ass chewin

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    the only problem I've had with them really wasn't an issue for me...

the damn grip on the stock is too freakin long but since I was putting a Mossy pistol grip on it that wasn't too big of an issue. With the pistol grip and 3" shells it isn't fun to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom