.22 rifle recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I need something very reliable and fairly accurate. My only stipulations are it needs to be stainless steel, bolt action, tube fed, and barrel 20" or longer.

Anyone using one that they've had good results from?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I know marlin made (makes) a tube fed, stainless bolt action, but I dont see it on their website. I cannot think of any others off the top of my head that fit your criteria. May i ask why you prefer the tube fed? My marlins are pretty darn accurate, but I prefer the 10/22.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    If tube is not an option then I'd go with a 10/22 wal-mart special. I just sold the one I had for building an ar plinker. The 10/22 with a silver mueller apv scope on it was a real accurate plinker straight out of the box and with all the different addons etc. you could end up spending more than the rifle cost to begin with.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I have a marlin tube fed .22 and I love it. Really accurate and Jam free gun. Holds 14 in the tube and is real quiet.

I got mine from academy for about 130$.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    My almost bone stock setup:

Ruger 10/22 stainless/synthetic (trigger job)
    Leupold VX-I 2x7

For the price, I don't think it can be beat.

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    why tube fed? I have had lots of .22 and my favorite so far is hands down the cz which is bolt action. ruger 10/22 walmart special is you best bang for the buck if you just want a mediocre rifle but I prefer quality over quanity

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    why tube fed? I have had lots of .22 and my favorite so far is hands down the cz which is bolt action. ruger 10/22 walmart special is you best bang for the buck if you just want a mediocre rifle but I prefer quality over quanity

I've had a metric asston of 10/22's. They're good rifles as I'm not knocking them. The tube fed is a personal preference. With the exception of the Ruger I see very little to no quality in new .22 magazines. Once again this is just a personal observation... your experiences may vary.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    I've had a metric asston of 10/22's. They're good rifles as I'm not knocking them. The tube fed is a personal preference. With the exception of the Ruger I see very little to no quality in new .22 magazines. Once again this is just a personal observation... your experiences may vary.

I'm not familiar with the METRIC asston. Could you give the conversion to standard units? :D

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You can't go wrong with any of the Marlin models--very accurate with the right ammo and prices are reasonable.

Most will shoot under an inch at 50 yds with the guns favorite ammo(Eley ten x is fabulous but hard to find) and can be found at every gun show.

Danable

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    i have the marlin 883SS in .22WMR. tube fed and bolt action with a laminated stock. i picked it up as a combo gun with a low end simmons on it. the simmons turned out to work just fine. with the new remington 33grain polymer V-max bullet it shoots like a house of fire. if you're open to .22WMR i'm happy with mine. -dan

Top Bottom