.22 silencer advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Ok silencer gurus....

What is a good bang (or lack there of) for your buck. .22 can.

I would use it for pistols and rifles. And id like to be able to put it on a .17 HMR.

I would like to keep it at no more than $299.

There is no way ill spend $500+ on a .22 can

Thanks in advance for your knowledge/opinion/advice.

PS. I have read all over the interwebs to stay away from aluminum. That being said. I would prefer a SS option.
    And obviously a take apart.
    cheers

Last edited:

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    As it stands right now the quietest suppressor are Huntertown Arms Guardians and the serviceable ones I have built. Shooting both side by side its even. For up to $300 that will get you the best 22 suppressor on the market honestly. The cheapest Huntertown Arms that is Stainless still has an aluminum outer tube. But they are very good and $299.
    The ones I make are Stainless Outer and Stainless Baffles, Serviceable. Rated for 22/22Mag/17HMR/5.7 like all the any other major manufacturer. Those cost $350 including tax.

Next best would be a SilencerCo Sparrow which run in the $375 before tax and are rated for all the above but not as quiet.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never heard a guardian. May have pick one up to see. Personally I would go with any of the following
    Silencerco sparrow
    Aac element 2
    Swr spectre 2
    Liberty kodiak tl

Out of all those the spectre is closest to your price range.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Have you tried the Sparrow next to the Element/Spectre/Kodiak?

How did they compare, because the Huntertown sound wise makes the sparrow look like a hunk of junk. Its all I carry now, everything else seems relatively inferior...

Last edited:

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Have you tried the Sparrow next to the Element/Spectre/Kodiak?

How did they compare, because the Huntertown sound wise makes the sparrow look like a hunk of junk. Its all I carry now, everything else seems relatively inferior...

Yes I have compared them. The sparrow has slightly more FRP but other than that they all sound very similar to me. On a rifle I can't tell much of a difference at all. All of them are top tier sound wise were talking within 1 to 2 decibels of each other on rifles which most people have a hard time distinguishing the difference. The element and Spectre 2 are really good on pistols and rifles. The element 2 is probably the quietest on average across all platforms. Some cans really excel on rifles but aren't as good on pistols and vise versa. Just depends what you are looking for. Anybody would be happy with any of them. The differences in them come down to the features and what they are made out of.

22 comparison on pistols Also FYI the spectre in these videos is the old spectre. The new one is quieter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_AXHihPvBc&feature=share&list=PL081286A062C1D2D3&index=25

New Spectre Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grOIqG_llz4&feature=share&list=PLBAB747BC70FD6C02&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF_xsaJ-iyM&list=PLBAB747BC70FD6C02&feature=share&index=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcFPEKWptw&list=PL081286A062C1D2D3&feature=share&index=26

Here's one with a 10/22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ABj3lrbrI&list=PL081286A062C1D2D3&feature=share&index=24

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    When shopping recently I think the three standouts were the Sparrow, Spectre and Element 2.

I got spooked by reading too much into the "first round pop" on the Sparrows. Seemed like some thought it was not a big deal, but it seemed like that issue, relevant or not, only came up with the Sparrow.

Spectre seemed like the best value, however IMO I'm already spending $200 for the stamp so I want the best, even if the difference is barely discernible.

I went with the Element 2 which offered equal or better specs than the others and complimented my other cans. The Element cost a little more money but Big Boy Armament gave me a very good price.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    After a lot of study I ended up with a Sparrow SS. FRP is present but not bothersome at all and I liked the ease of disassembly for cleaning. Got that one from Dale at Landry's Guns.
    I've heard most of the name brand units at the range and cannot tell much difference between them.

Top Bottom