223 chamber converted to 5.56 mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I have a 223 bolt action rifle that I would like to get the chamber converted to 5.56 mm. Before anyone replies, I fully understand the differences between the 2. However, most of the "gunsmiths" that I have talked to do not fully understand the difference. The few that understand do not have the proper chamber reamers to do the job. I do not want a hack job as I do not want to mess up a good bolt action rifle (Interarms Mini-Mauser Mark X). All I want to be able to do is shoot all of my 5.56 ammo interchangeably between this rifle and my AR's. For some 5.56 ammo, I get pierced primers when firing out of this 223.

Do any of our board gunsmiths have the equipment and understanding do this work?

I am in NW Louisiana. Closer is always better , but I travel to the BR/NOLA area fairly frequently.

Thanks

Jimbeaux

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    you dont want a nato chamber, you want a wylde chamber, its the best of both worlds, and thats what it was designed to do, prevent poped primers without the sloppy chamber. . The Nato chamber is a little sloppy for a bolt gun imho. You could also get buy just having the throat extended with a uni throater.
    I chamber all my .223, bolt and Semi, with my wylde reamer.

Top Bottom