.22mag Derringer needs fixin'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FunXD9

One Shot One Kill
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I recently got a .22mag High Standard Derringer from my grandpa a couple months back. I was the only person who ever shot it after 25+ years and i shot the entire original box through it (50 rounds). I took it apart to clean it, put it back together, and the trigger wont pull...at all. I took it back apart because i could hear something rattling around and a very tiny spring fell out. Somehow, it had been bent in half and crushed. Anyways, I need to find someone who is familiar with these who can replace the spring and get it back to working condition. I'd try myself but i dont even know where the spring fell out of. Please let me know if you can help me out!!!

FunXD9

One Shot One Kill
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    would i need any specialized tools for taking it apart that far? Would this be something that i can do with a couple screw drivers? I'm no gunsmith by any means.....but i guess i can't really "break it" any more than i already did. HAHA

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I have only taken mine apart once to replace the striker, and I dont remember it being all that difficult. IIRC all you need is screwdrivers and a plastic hammer.

Top Bottom