$25 AR15 & AR10 lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Sierra Nevada Arms is doing the same thing for 30 bucks. And for 50 more you can buy the jig to correctly drill and mill the lower. Well I'm in for two and a jig now. We shall see if its all legit or not.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I would think once you still the holes , it
    Becomes a full built lower. At that point I think you would be considered a manufacturer and need to have a ATF manufacturer license and the lowers would have to be given serial
    Numbers in your manufacturer ATF log. My 2 cents

Magnetic

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, an unlicensed individual may make a *firearm* as defined in the GCA for his own personal use, but not for sale or distribution.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I would think once you still the holes , it
    Becomes a full built lower. At that point I think you would be considered a manufacturer and need to have a ATF manufacturer license and the lowers would have to be given serial
    Numbers in your manufacturer ATF log. My 2 cents

From what I understand, you must serialize it to sell it, not just to keep it.( I think)

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yeah, I read something that talked about how this is a big thing in California. There are companies that have get togethers called "build parties" where they have people come and finish their 80% lowers in their shop and people end up with non-serialized lowers. I wonder if something like that could be done around here. I went in for one but do not have the equipment to complete one but figure it was still worth a $25 investment.
    I also think that it is true that an individual can build a firearm for themselves but can't sell it. That is why there is a bunch of talk about the 3-D printers. If you could perfect a design you could essentially build yourself weapons. I personally don't think that it would last for more than a shot or two but you never know. I am fascinated by the whole 3-D printer stuff.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    You can build a legal semi auto firearm or any firearm so long as it does not violate the NFA for your own uses. I cannot be for resale and must have a custom serial number and requires no licensure of any type in Louisiana.

Top Bottom