<$25 firearm transfer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Hey @AdvancedLaser if I wanna come in and want to get 5 Yeti cups laser engraved, you're only gonna charge me for one though right? :chuckles:
    Well...YOU, yes....Cause you're you. and bitter and $hit.

But we all get your point.
    And remember to buy them somewhere else and bring them in to me, dont buy mine....Then ask me to only charge for one of them, since its the same exact logo on all five.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yes, absolutely. I’ve picked up multiple transfers at once a handful of times and never was asked or expected to pay more than the flat rate. I always assumed that’s how everyone did it.
    Where at?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I honestly had no idea that was a thing. I can promise you I’m not going to throw my FFL under the bus though because evidently they must like me and I’d like to keep things that way lol. I will say though when I buy something I always check with my FFL first. If they don’t have it or can’t get it then I’ll place an order. I’m not the type to nickle and dime trying to save $50 on a Glock 19.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I honestly had no idea that was a thing. I can promise you I’m not going to throw my FFL under the bus though because evidently they must like me and I’d like to keep things that way lol. I will say though when I buy something I always check with my FFL first. If they don’t have it or can’t get it then I’ll place an order. I’m not the type to nickle and dime trying to save $50 on a Glock 19.
    Not throwing them under the bus.

Make a deal with you. DM or text me the name, I wont reveal it here. I'd like to call and get feedback on their prices and how they structure for my own learning.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    You mean like -- purely hypothetically -- someone spending $4000 on rifles, then getting their knickers in a knot all over a local small business owner charging $100 to provide a transfer service?
    Damn shots fired… lol. In hindsight it wasn’t a big deal, but I’m rather partial to people doing what they say they’re going to do, I imagine if you were told one price and then charged another you wouldn’t be happy about it.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    I've never heard of an FFL not charging per firearm.

What happened when you got to their store and told them about this conversation? Did you ask them to honor the price that they allegedly told you over the phone? Did they deny explaining it that way?

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately in some cases) many places employ morons. Anyone answering the phone was likely half paying attention and just heard "how much to transfer" and answered with the standard $25 that he likely gets asked about all the time. It would have been a good idea to ask if that is per firearm or for all five, especially knowing that a $5/gun transfer fee is essentially unheard of...
    The price change didn’t come up until he found out I got them for less than he could buy them. You look at it as a charge per gun I look at it as a labor function. 1 form for 20minutes of work. We didn’t have to fill out 5 forms, we filled out 1 form.

If the employee was the cause then I’d recommend getting better employees. I don’t normally buy multiple firearms at once so this was definitely my only experience with it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's not throwing them under the bus, it's spotlighting their business. That's a good deal that's worth highlighting as it's truly abnormal for FFLs.

The price change didn’t come up until he found out I got them for less than he could buy them. You look at it as a charge per gun I look at it as a labor function. 1 form for 20minutes of work. We didn’t have to fill out 5 forms, we filled out 1 form.

If the employee was the cause then I’d recommend getting better employees. I don’t normally buy multiple firearms at once so this was definitely my only experience with it.
    That's pretty shitty if that's how it happened.

I'd really like to think that it's just due to a lazy employee not paying attention on the phone. That happens all the time. It's truly abnormal for an FFL to multiple transfers for a low flat rate.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

You keep saying it was one form. Its not.
    Its five gun boxes to open, five entries in the bound book or electronic software, running NICS, a 4473 with a continuation page for guns past 3, then processing five sales in POS.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    You keep saying it was one form. Its not.
    Its five gun boxes to open, five entries in the bound book or electronic software, running NICS, a 4473 with a continuation page for guns past 3, then processing five sales in POS.
    Yeah I didn’t think it took near what you’re saying. I figured the 4473 was the record they had to retain, not seperate logs. I only filled out one hard copy form that had all 5 listed (that’s why I keep saying one form). NICS wasn’t required as I’m a CCW holder. They only rang me up for one sale on the POS machine.

More than half of the work you’re calling out didn’t happen. Albeit they did have to validate all 5 rifles and serial numbers and that takes extra work that I don’t think I really gave them credit for. I also was not aware of “the bound book”, you mentioned.

You wouldn’t happen to be affiliated with them huh? You seem to have a lot of details about a transaction you weren’t involved in and seem to be taking this pretty personal.

I related a story where I was told one price and was charged another and you roll into the comments like a kicked your dog ‍♂️

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Yeah I didn’t think it took near what you’re saying. I figured the 4473 was the record they had to retain, not seperate logs. I only filled out one hard copy form that had all 5 listed (that’s why I keep saying one form). NICS wasn’t required as I’m a CCW holder. They only rang me up for one sale on the POS machine.

More than half of the work you’re calling out didn’t happen. Albeit they did have to validate all 5 rifles and serial numbers and that takes extra work that I don’t think I really gave them credit for. I also was not aware of “the bound book”, you mentioned.

You wouldn’t happen to be affiliated with them huh? You seem to have a lot of details about a transaction you weren’t involved in and seem to be taking this pretty personal.

I related a story where I was told one price and was charged another and you roll into the comments like a kicked your dog ‍♂️
    They do need to keep the 4473, but they also have their Acquisition and Disposition book that records all incoming and outgoing, and its gotta be perfect for inspections.

You did fill out one form, the 4473. They are responsible for verifying your ID and then adding the firearms info, which includes a continuation page since you transferred over three.

I have absolutely no idea who that place is, never heard of them so assumed it was a mom and pop operation, but usually those are the ones that do transfers for cheap, so it didnt seem like it. This is a respectful discussion, I dont have to be associated with a company to give input, or point things out you might not know from the other side of them. I am also an FFL and know the pain a simple transfer can be.

You might need a bit thicker skin then, its gets much worse here, I only pointed out a few things. You cant hear tone or inflection over text. There was no harm meant, just speaking.

Also I know that no storefront dealer, except mom and pop kitchen table FFL's, charge a group fee for multiple guns. Anyone saying so here is intentionally or not intentionally incorrect. I have now asked four dealers, not including myself.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La

I related a story where I was told one price and was charged another and you roll into the comments like a kicked your dog ‍
    No he isn't affiliated but he does know what needs to be done. Hell I don't work at a gun shop and I know a bit about it. You aren't the only person that gets guns sent to an ffl. When it was the st. Bernard range I happened to be there when they got a ups delivery of guns. One person had to devote about an hour opening boxes, verifying paperwork, put a label on it with the persons name and then writing it down in their book. Then get on the phone and call each person to tell them their gun came in. Then those people come in and the whole 4473 process begins... So ya... Its not just one form.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    No he isn't affiliated but he does know what needs to be done. Hell I don't work at a gun shop and I know a bit about it. You aren't the only person that gets guns sent to an ffl. When it was the st. Bernard range I happened to be there when they got a ups delivery of guns. One person had to devote about an hour opening boxes, verifying paperwork, put a label on it with the persons name and then writing it down in their book. Then get on the phone and call each person to tell them their gun came in. Then those people come in and the whole 4473 process begins... So ya... Its not just one form.
    Dont forget, stop what they are doing to go tell the person that was waiting in the parking lot, like a fuking FedEx stalker, that their gun isn't ready and to stop coming in the store till they get a phone call.

They actually do this !

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    They do need to keep the 4473, but they also have their Acquisition and Disposition book that records all incoming and outgoing, and its gotta be perfect for inspections.

You did fill out one form, the 4473. They are responsible for verifying your ID and then adding the firearms info, which includes a continuation page since you transferred over three.

I have absolutely no idea who that place is, never heard of them so assumed it was a mom and pop operation, but usually those are the ones that do transfers for cheap, so it didnt seem like it. This is a respectful discussion, I dont have to be associated with a company to give input, or point things out you might not know from the other side of them. I am also an FFL and know the pain a simple transfer can be.

You might need a bit thicker skin then, its gets much worse here, I only pointed out a few things. You cant hear tone or inflection over text. There was no harm meant, just speaking.

Also I know that no storefront dealer, except mom and pop kitchen table FFL's, charge a group fee for multiple guns. Anyone saying so here is intentionally or not intentionally incorrect. I have now asked four dealers, not including myself.

Fair enough you have skin in the game as an FFL. I didn’t bring up that I thought you were taking it personal until your fourth post about it. Again I relayed a story where I was quoted one price and charged another. That was the heart of the comment.

After your fourth comment relating the personal suffrage you go through to make a transfer I poked fun you must be affiliated because you seem like you’re taking it personal. I think if anyone needs thicker skin it might be you good sir.

You can’t but help but be offended and jump in repeatedly for a problem that literally didn’t involve you, and has nothing to do with my original comment. I was quoted one price and charged another. I eagerly await your next witty comment ‍♂️

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dont forget, stop what they are doing to go tell the person that was waiting in the parking lot, like a fuking FedEx stalker, that their gun isn't ready and to stop coming in the store till they get a phone call.

They actually do this !
    Look I only showed up once and I was just excited....sorry....

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    No he isn't affiliated but he does know what needs to be done. Hell I don't work at a gun shop and I know a bit about it. You aren't the only person that gets guns sent to an ffl. When it was the st. Bernard range I happened to be there when they got a ups delivery of guns. One person had to devote about an hour opening boxes, verifying paperwork, put a label on it with the persons name and then writing it down in their book. Then get on the phone and call each person to tell them their gun came in. Then those people come in and the whole 4473 process begins... So ya... It’s not just one form.
    My original comment was I was quoted one price and charged another when I showed up. I appreciate you and everyone else exalting the numerous endeavors you personally go through when you receive FFL transfer. I am more the wiser of the unseen toils an FFL goes through. I don’t often buy multiple firearms at one time but should I do it I will be more well rounded for your efforts.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Fair enough you have skin in the game as an FFL. I didn’t bring up that I thought you were taking it personal until your fourth post about it. Again I relayed a story where I was quoted one price and charged another. That was the heart of the comment.

After your fourth comment relating the personal suffrage you go through to make a transfer I poked fun you must be affiliated because you seem like you’re taking it personal. I think if anyone needs thicker skin it might be you good sir.

You can’t but help but be offended and jump in repeatedly for a problem that literally didn’t involve you, and has nothing to do with my original comment. I was quoted one price and charged another. I eagerly await your next witty comment ‍♂️
    Yup you are right. Its me, not you.

You are the male Karen that walks into a Walmart and sees a thousand dollar item and knows its mispriced on the shelf and yells and pouts like a teenager because they wont sell it to you for a dollar, although anyone rational knows they left off the zeros when they put it on the shelf.

Just like no one here believes you got five rifles at 60% off list, which was below the FFL's cost so he decided to charge you for it. That means your friends and family deal got it for under dealer and actually under wholesale cost. Must be a great friend or family to take a loss on five guns just to sell them to you. Heck of a business.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    Yup you are right. Its me, not you.

You are the male Karen that walks into a Walmart and sees a thousand dollar item and knows its mispriced on the shelf and yells and pouts like a teenager because they wont sell it to you for a dollar, although anyone rational knows they left off the zeros when they put it on the shelf.

Just like no one here believes you got five rifles at 60% off list, which was below the FFL's cost so he decided to charge you for it. That means your friends and family deal got it for under dealer and actually under wholesale cost. Must be a great friend or family to take a loss on five guns just to sell them to you. Heck of a business.
    It was a friends and family discount with freedom group when they moved from Illion Ny to Huntsville Al. They basically were getting rid of inventory. I have a friend that worked with them at the time that extended the offer to me. I bought 5 XM15-E2S patrolman’s for a unit price of $420 when they were being sold for about $1080 at the time (2014). I figure that to be about a 60% discount wouldn’t you?

The person at the store who rang me up was the person that said he couldn’t get them for that price so I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

Your scenario didn’t happen douchbag. I already relayed the conversation, I had when I checked it was fine to have them sent to the store. You again were not involved but here you are commenting about suppositions you think might have happened.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We know its you when you knock loud
    Well maybe if you didn't just take two hour lunch breaks in the back with your Britney Spears playing so loud I wouldn't have to bang on the door!
    1706232532579.png

Top Bottom