Polymer 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    For years I've said I would never own a polymer gun. This year I managed to own (and sell/trade) almost every polymer 9mm that's out there. Glock,S&W,Springfield,Sig,CZ,FN,Ruger and Taurus. Jury is still out for me on these guns. They were all good,but all of them had their (my) personal issues. I still own the M&P cuz it was the most recent acquisition and the most comfortable one to shoot. What is your favorite poly 9 and why? I guess the same question would apply for the other 2 popular calibers but the question is more directed to the specific manufacturer and model.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I like the m&p. I have owned glocks and xd's and the m&p feels the best and shoots the best. Glocks are to square and didn't feel like they contoured to my had and I didn't like the trigger on the xd. Eventually I will get another glock just to own one.

Im my book, the xd, glock and m&p are all the same. They are all good functioning, sure firing guns. Many people will argue each way, but I think they are all on the same level. Choice, thats what I love about America.

Last edited:

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I own, glock, M&P, Kahr and an lcp. Glock was my first purchase and the others followed. My M&P is nice and I like it in it's own right. I have issues with the funny trigger but it's not that big of a deal. However, after handling / owning other polymers I grew more fond of my original glock. I have since sold my 17 and bought a g19. I like it but need to break it in and just as my 17 was.

So in a long winded way you can't beat glock. The others have their place but If I were to grab one to shoot it would be my glock. my 2cents.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have an XDm-9 and M&P-9 and love them both, I really couldn't decide if I had to pick one. If someone combined the best features of both into one pistol, then I'd be in heaven.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    what size are they?
    XDM-9 is only one size, full size 4.5" barrel. My M&P-9 is the Compact (daily carry). I've played with a full size M&P quite a bit too and is definitely on my short list. Even my Compact is probably the most comfortable to shoot pistol I own, and the full size is even nicer.

If I could get an M&P frame with the XDm slide, trigger and firing system I'd be a happy fella.

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    Me and my Glock 19 have become good buddies for a while now.
    2nd favorite is the XD .45 compact.
    Both of these just work for me.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The g19 is my favorite piece of tuperware. The slide and grip are perfect length to carry iwb, the grip is the perfect size for my hand, the finish is tough as nails and shouldn't rust durring carry, you can get a really high grip on it and it carries as much ammo as a 92fs in a compact gun. The only thing I don't like is how thick it is, the eleventy pound trigger and that it's made of plastic, but if those things bothered you, you wouldn't be asking this question.

Last edited:

pyromania54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    For a polymer 9mm I'm impressed with my BUL Cherokee Compact. Perfect grip and great trigger. Two 17+1 mags plus it will operate with 19+1 CZ SP-01 mags. Good price too - $449.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Well I guess I will be the odd one out here and say I really enjoy my Taurus 24/7 pro compact for my carry gun. The grip is slim enough for small hands, but still has 13+1 without the extended mag. My side carry is going to be a glock 17 gen 2 without the finger grooves. I've shot the glock a lot and like it far better than the 3rd gen.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    The OP said:
    Glock,S&W,Springfield,Sig,CZ,FN,Ruger and Taurus. Jury is still out for me on these guns.
    The jury is in on Taurus:
    http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20091016/NEWS/910169989?Title=Boaz-man-awarded-1-5-million-

I was never so pissed off as when, having bought a 9mm Taurus instead of a Glock 26 for $200 more, I discovered there was a limitation on the ammo it could fire. Good little belly gun, but a POS overall. Now the above development. Hell of it is, I traded it for a revolver, and now I may never own another semi automatic pistol. Which kind of leaves me out in the cold around here.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Yeah I had a safety issue with mine after the first 300 rounds. I sent it in and they replaced my sear and has been flawless for the last 1200.

Top Bottom