Glock 34 and Bedair Guide Rod

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I recently bought a Glock 34. I had a Ghost trigger connector installed. I am considering having a Bedair captive stainless guide rod made for it. I have been told by Glock pureists it would be best to keep it stock. Anyone out there have any knowledge pro or con as to Glocks and changing the factory guide rod to a stainless one.

Thanks,

Charles

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I change the guide rod and recoil spring on all my Glocks. I install stainless steel or heavy bronze and different weight ISMI springs depending on the intended use of the gun. You can stay stock or improve your gun, depends on what you want.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I change the guide rod and recoil spring on all my Glocks. I install stainless steel or heavy bronze and different weight ISMI springs depending on the intended use of the gun. You can stay stock or improve your gun, depends on what you want.

Your gonna think I'm nuts but my CZ 75B came with a plastic guide rod. All I did was change to a Bedair SS guide rod and my groups improved significantly. My XD 45 shoots tighter groups than the 34 and it has a metel captured guide rod. I honestly feel it will improve accuracy. Maybe it's psychological but if it helps great as long as it doesn't cause problems with my Glocks reliability. My only concern is reducing reliability.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I keep my carry guns original. My G34 & 35 I installed stainless steel un-captive guide rods with 11 and 13lb springs. They work fine and I've put thousands of rounds through them.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Steel or Tungsten guide rod puts more weight out in front which helps to stabilize the gun and helps to dampen the felt recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom