Thoughts on the Ruger SR9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Went to the range today with my father's M&P9 and my Glock19 for some de-stressing and a friend of mine showed up with a brand new Ruger SR9. I must say,it's a comfy little gun to hold and shoot. Not boxy like my Glock and a bit more balanced than the M&P. Of course,this my opinion. Now,when I shot this pistol,I was highly impressed. I've heard a little bit about it. I know it's been through a recall that Ruger addressed and rectified rather quickly (as to be expected with Ruger),and that it's a pistol from Ruger that is worthy of competing with the "big 3" (Glock,Xd & M&P). So,if anybody has an opinion on this gun,I'd like to hear it cuz it's cheap enough to own and not worry about selling something off to get it.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Save your $ for ammo, additional training time and related expenses. Unless you want one to say you own one, the are (ahem) inexpensive for a reason as are the S&W Sigmas.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I haven't really considered getting one but I was impressed with it a little bit. If anything,it's some thing I can throw in thr range back for choices. As far as bet my life on poly 9s,I still have my G19 and an M&P if I wanted it. I bet,though,that the SR9 would be a formidable tool for whatever,but for now,if I ever get one...it would be a range gun for guests.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    How's the trigger? I felt one at a shop and wasn't impressed with that one. I hoped it was just that one though.

Dave

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I was impressed with mine while I had it. The recall was very nice even with full power loads. The trigger - My trigger was nice and smooth but even nicer if you take the mag safety out of it. It was fairly accurate too. the only reason I got rid of it was because my need for a nice gas grill (Holland brand)was greater than the need for the SR9.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." (Bill Ruger, during interview with Tom Brokaw, NBC News, as Congress was debating the Clinton "Anti-Crime Bill" of 1994).).

Another great reason to buy a cheap POS Ruger.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I agree with you about Bill Ruger. He's dead. His family doesn't own the company. How long are you going to flog that dead horse? Are you still blaming Bush too?

(I am not mad. I am actually just kidding with you.)

Dave

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Mr. Ruger was basically correct for his time. I believe he would acknowledge it's different today, especially after Ft. Hood. I would love to see the SR9 come out in 357 SIG with an optional 25-30 round magazine.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I agree with you about Bill Ruger. He's dead. His family doesn't own the company. How long are you going to flog that dead horse? Are you still blaming Bush too?

(I am not mad. I am actually just kidding with you.)

Dave

I know -- and the horse was thoroughly caned a few weeks ago.

But it never hurts to remind the Obama supporters and the retards (wait ...... that may be is redundant) of the agenda that the Dems would still love to promote.

Top Bottom