*Found One*WTB/T Ruger GP100 4" S.S.*Found One*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Yep it's deja vu all over again :D Looking for another one. Must have adjustable sights. Might consider one with a 6" barrel but prefer the 4". Come on I know at least one of you S&W guys has one of these collecting dust in the back of the safe. Sell it to someone who will give it the love and attention it deserves :love:

If cash isn't your thing I'm willing to trade a Glock 19 with 5 magazines. 2 15 rnd, 3 17 rnd glock magazines and 1 31 rnd mag made by Scherer
    Gun has ~1500 rnds through it and as seen in the pic it has some holster wear on the slide release but in great shape otherwise.

Last edited:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    The problem I have with S&W's is that I know nothing about them. I know there are good ones and not so good ones but I don't know which is which. After reading your post I googled s&w 65-3 and the only thing I learned was that it is a K frame but I have no idea what that means. Is it strong enough to handle thousands of rounds of of full power .357 mag or is it border line for this cartridge? Another problem I have with them is lack of support at the s&w web site. I did a search for model 65-3 and got back 0 results. Kinda like they never made the gun. Which is why I stick with Rugers. I know they are over built and any deficiency they may have such as the DA trigger pull can be fixed by a competent gunsmith. So, back to your question, I don't know. educate me.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    The problem I have with S&W's is that I know nothing about them. I know there are good ones and not so good ones but I don't know which is which. After reading your post I googled s&w 65-3 and the only thing I learned was that it is a K frame but I have no idea what that means. Is it strong enough to handle thousands of rounds of of full power .357 mag or is it border line for this cartridge? Another problem I have with them is lack of support at the s&w web site. I did a search for model 65-3 and got back 0 results. Kinda like they never made the gun. Which is why I stick with Rugers. I know they are over built and any deficiency they may have such as the DA trigger pull can be fixed by a competent gunsmith. So, back to your question, I don't know. educate me.

ALL S&W ARE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Sounds like you are looking for a "L" frame.

I prefer K frames, but the L frame (Like the 686) are more S&W's version of the GP100.

Do the Smith dude, I've got a GP100 (SS 4 incher) which has sat on the floor for probably 4 years, I don't remember the last time I fired it.
    (And I've had it since before 2000)

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    RustyHammer I know your trying to help but most of the results on the yahoo search are just more kool-aid drinkers. The I Love my S&W crowd. Nothing wrong with that everyone has favorites whether it's bubble gum or guns. And the gunbroker add just proves to me that most S&W's are over priced. For that same 600 bucks I can buy a gp send it in for trigger work and have it cut for moon clips. Now I'm not going to say I would have a better gun gong that route never having fired a smith But then again I'm no Jerry Miculek. All I want to do is shoot in some icore matches without breaking the bank

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Didn't say it was worth the price .. just a picture of what one looks like.

For the record, I like all of my Rugers (including the GP-100's) and agree with you about there being a lot of bad info out there on the web. I guess I was basically trying to point to the fact that they do exist :)

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, Delta! :(

Last edited:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    No ruffled feathers here RH I'm enjoying the conversation. yeah Nomad, $599.99 beginning bid. Now if charliepapa has a 4" version and the price is right I''m more than willing to give a smith a try.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    This one is cherry (original grips and all). When I look at prices, I realize something's only worth what someone will actually pay for it, so I look for completed items. Mine is in better shape than this one and it is the 4" and I think it's worth every penny of $500. Also, factor in that this one doesn't require shipping $ or FFL xfer $...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=146150760

This is what a $350 65-3 looks like today.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=146512480

DSCN3154.jpg

DSCN3152.jpg

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom