Execution @ Angola Thursday evening

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    He kidnapped, molested, and strangled to death his 12-year old stepdaughter in 2002.

CLICK FOR VID
    Warden says Bordelon, who will be La.'s first execution since '02, is ready to die

ANGOLA, La. -- Angola Warden Burl Cain said Wednesday, convicted killer Gerald Bordelon is ready to die.

Thursday evening, Bordelon is scheduled to become the first Louisiana man executed in more than seven years.

Unless a last minute stay of execution comes, Bordelon will be given a lethal injection of three chemicals sometime between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Thursday. Four and a half to five minutes after the injection, according to Cain, Bordelon will be dead.

"There's no question that Gerald Bordelon is a predator," said Livingston Parish District Attorney Scott Perrilloux. Perrilloux's office prosecuted Bordelon in 2006. "He preys upon women. He's violent with women. He has conceded that since he's been convicted, and there's probably other victims out there that we'll never know about unless he tells us something about them between now and Thursday."

A Livingston Parish jury convicted Bordelon of the November 2002 rape and murder of 12-year-old Courtney LeBlanc, his step-daughter.

Three times previously, Bordelon had been convicted of abducting and raping women. He had spent much of his life in prison.

At the time of his sentencing, Bordelon admitted to the crime, and asked to be executed.

"It's just tragic," Livingston Parish Sheriff Willie Graves said Wednesday. "It's so senseless. Most homicides are, but this certainly was senseless. I hate it for the family, but in the next couple days, I think justice will be done and Courtney can rest in some semblance of peace."

Bordelon is the first death row inmate to ask to waive his rights to appeal, then be ruled competent. The Louisiana Supreme Court ruled, he would waive those rights.

"I think the Supreme Court hit it right on the money," Perrilloux added.

At the time of his sentencing, Gerald Bordelon said he wanted to be executed to spare the victim's family and his family any more grief. He said, if given the opportunity, he would commit the same crime again, which is why he wanted his appeals waived.

Angola Warden Burl Cain met with Bordelon Wednesday morning and said, Bordelon has not changed his mind.

"It's almost like, he did a horrible, horrible thing and he wants to pay for it," Cain said.

"For whatever it's worth, I appreciate his honesty," Graves said. "That he recognizes that he can't come back and undo what he's done, but at least he's prepared to do what he has to do to make sure it doesn't happen again."

That means a lethal injection, unless a last-minute call comes to stop it.

"We'll be on guard for that to happen," Cain said. "If it doesn't happen, it doesn't. If it does, it will. In my past experience with the other six executions, two of them got those stays at the very last minute. One of them 20 minutes before."

The difference this time, the man being put to death isn't asking for a stay of execution.

"Gerald Bordelon has been in trouble his entire life," Perrilloux concluded. "In some ways, it'll be a fitting end Thursday evening."
    Courtney%20LeBlanc.jpg

Mugshot__Gerald-Bordelon.jpg
    http://www.wwltv.com/home/Bordelons-execution-would-Louisianas-first-since-2002-80795962.html

:)

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    With what he did I am surprised he survived prison.
    Angola split into different sections. I can't remember if they call them blocks or camps.

Inmates on death row are sectioned off from the other inmates. They have there own cells, eat in their cells, and have no direct contact with others besides the guards..

IMG_0150.jpg

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Got to respect him for not accepting repeals. I hope he says a nice, long prayer before.

Respect is a bit much dont you think?

I could never show any respect to anyone of his type.

He only wants to die cause its easier than being where he is at. That and there are no little girls for him to prey on. To hell with him. Let him go.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Respect him? He's holding information on others he has raped and killed.

**** him.

Lethal injection is too good for him. They should reserve the electric chair for pieces of **** like him.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Coat him with peanut butter and throw him into some rats.

If that doesn't work, slow, deliberate dismemberment.

Watch how much crimes like these stop if this is the punishment. Haha.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Angola split into different sections. I can't remember if they call them blocks or camps.

Inmates on death row are sectioned off from the other inmates. They have there own cells, eat in their cells, and have no direct contact with others besides the guards..

IMG_0150.jpg

Death Row is the quietest place in Angola, if not the world.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Respect is a bit much dont you think?

I could never show any respect to anyone of his type.

He only wants to die cause its easier than being where he is at. That and there are no little girls for him to prey on. To hell with him. Let him go.

amen!
    Coat him with peanut butter and throw him into some rats.

If that doesn't work, slow, deliberate dismemberment.

Watch how much crimes like these stop if this is the punishment. Haha.

i'm all for that but we have lefty sallies in this country that can't even allow waterboarding to foreign terrorists much less the "cruel and unusual punnishment" that WE all know would put an end to nonscense like this.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    They were talking about having a party on WJBO about it yesterday.

It's what needs to happen, but I don't think this is something I'd celebrate.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    He needs to die. But it raises a question. In many action movies you hear the threat "cooperate, and you die quickly. Fight and you die slowly."

How about we implement a system that "rewards" criminals such as this with the current execution system, quick, discrete, quiet and fairly painless. The others that hold up the courts and victim's families for years is subjected to their victim's family's choice of execution should their appeal fail.

ETA: Despite my crack at a joke at the guys expense, I agree. Executions are somber events.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Bordelon's final statement:
    "I'd like to tell Jennifer and Brittany, and Damion that I'm sorry. I don't know if that brings any closure or peace. It should have never happened - but it did, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me, and you, and you too, Brittany. I'd like to apologize to my family and tell them that I love them"

Pronounced dead @ 6:32 P.M.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales

IMG_0150.jpg

I worked at Angola a few years ago, the inmates are housed in different "Camps", with death row being the most secure. If death row inmates came into contact with others in general population, they wouldnt make it to the execution, not the state's version of it anyways. Glad to see someone finally admitting to what they did and having the honesty to say they want to be executed because if they are given the chance they will do it again. And his waiving of appeals saved Louisiana taxpayers tons of money from having to house him on death row for years and years while the appeals go through

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He should have been shown the respect he deserved by seeing how long his arms would stretch before they separated from his torso. This sick bastard deserved far worse treatment than what we offer a beloved pet dog. Screw him.

Whether you agree or not, here's something else to ponder:

"The state Parole Board, however, modified the terms in March 2001 — four months before Bordelon married Courtney LeBlanc’s mother — to allow him unsupervised contact with minors as long as the child’s parent or guardian knew of his prior record of sex crimes.

A state probation and parole official said in 2003 that LeBlanc’s mother, Jennifer Kocke, was told of Bordelon’s multiple sex offenses before the Parole Board changed the parole terms."

What kind of "mother" would expose her daughter to a sick monster like this???????
    In my view, she is a co-conspirator. A collaborationist in these evil acts. Sickening.
    Nice job, "Mom".

Last edited:

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    KILL him slowly and make him suffer!

IIRC, Louisiana uses three injections 1: Saline, to make sure that the IVs are in correctly, 2:Pancuronium bromide, a paralytic that paralyses the inmate, giving them the appearance of sleeping though its only due to the fact that they cant move, and 3: Potassium Chloride, which stops the heart, so if I am correct on these three, imagine not being able to breath and your heart stopping while every cell in your body is screaming for oxygen, not a pleasant way to go, which is quite fitting given why theyre going through this in the first place. Personally, I would just hook them up to some bleach, its wayyy cheaper, you can get it from the dollar store, and you can use the bleach thats left can to clean up after the inmate voids his or her bowels and bladder

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom