2nd amendment rally Feb 8th?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Hickock 45 and other places on the internet have talked about a 2nd amendment rally at State Capitals around the country on Feb 8th at 10:00 am. My wife and kids were going to go as a capital field trip along with supporting the cause.

I have been looking for information on this for Louisiana and can't find any. Am I missing something or is there no organization for this in Baton Rouge?

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Yep, the Louisiana State Militia will rally and protest. They will speak, we are free and enforce the 2nd ... for all those interested [Feb. 8th] there is a coordinated event at the baton rouge state capital.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Ijaw. Is there a website with any info? I went to the Guns across America rally a few weeks ago. Glad I went, but I did not think the turn out was very good. (My first time going to anything like this so I don't really have anything to compare it to.)

I have been looking and have not seen any info out there for this event. The family is up for going, but hate to send them if only 30 people are gonna be there. Thanks for the info.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I thought a militia was not allowed by La. state law. If this information is wrong feel free to correct me and also give me some information on it in a pm.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I thought a militia was not allowed by La. state law. If this information is wrong feel free to correct me and also give me some information on it in a pm.
    Scott, the militia is not illegal here in La. I thought it was for years but is has to do with the assemble and training, IE the purpose. As long as it is not for any illegal purpose it is ok from what I found. But I do not know of any group that is here in La. I think there are some around here train with a group in Ms. If I can run across it again I will post or send a pm. On another note, ALL people of La. between the age of 16 and 47, iirc are part of the La. state militia according to the state constitution. I think I got the age correct on that, but our constitution still has this in it. So you are part of it, at least if I got the upper age correct.
    Ohh, the La state militia mentioned above may be a new group. As I have not kept up with any and not familiar with them.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Scott, the militia is not illegal here in La. I thought it was for years but is has to do with the assemble and training, IE the purpose. As long as it is not for any illegal purpose it is ok from what I found. But I do not know of any group that is here in La. I think there are some around here train with a group in Ms. If I can run across it again I will post or send a pm. On another note, ALL people of La. between the age of 16 and 47, iirc are part of the La. state militia according to the state constitution. I think I got the age correct on that, but our constitution still has this in it. So you are part of it, at least if I got the upper age correct.
    Ohh, the La state militia mentioned above may be a new group. As I have not kept up with any and not familiar with them.

Louisiana revised statue 29:3 reads as follows:

§3. Militia

A. All able-bodied persons between the ages of seventeen and sixty-four residing in this state and who are not exempt by the laws of the United States of America or of this state constitute the militia of Louisiana and are subject to military duty.

B. The militia is divided into two classes, the organized militia and the unorganized militia.

(1) The organized militia consists of the national guard, the Louisiana State Guard and other organized military forces which may be authorized by law.

(2) The unorganized militia consists of all other persons subject to military duty.

Acts 1974, No. 622, §1.

Top Bottom