3 Arrested for AK-47 Full Auto Conversion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    There is a $200.00 fee for the ownership and use of a full-auto gun along with giving up your fourth amendment rights.

It must be Christmas to be given the gift of a quote as good as this one

2030558841_1376062307.jpg

Ronson2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    There is a permit you can acquire thru the Feds which let you have auto weapons and it gives the government permission to come by your home and search whenever they want without a search warrant.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    And it was written on the Internet so it must be true!
    Since you are new, And obviously uninformed, I will just say to research it further before you come and spout part-truths.
    Yes, a $200 tax stamp is part of the process for owning a full auto ak. The part you missed is it must be a registered pre 86 ak and going rate is around $15k or so. You cannot convert your ak to auto at all, ever unless you are a dealer and are making a dealer sample or law enforcement agency/ military product.
    I am sure bubba told you and you believed him, but it will land you serious federal time.

I am not responsible for the hell that may be unleashed by other members on this post! Would live to have seen this post a couple years ago.

Ronson2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    I did not say that it was easy or cheap but that it is possible to own a full auto if you have a clean police record and the money. The Internet does have many government sources that can be used as resources of accurate legal information such as the one telling a person how to get a concealed weapons permit, social security .

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I am not responsible for the hell that may be unleashed by other members on this post! Would live to have seen this post a couple years ago.

I'M one strike away from a ban so I have to be good. Man o man what a gem of a thread this is too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There is a $200.00 fee for the ownership and use of a full-auto gun along with giving up your fourth amendment rights.

There is a permit you can acquire thru the Feds which let you have auto weapons and it gives the government permission to come by your home and search whenever they want without a search warrant.

It is easy to find out about this by just asking on the Internet. You will be walked thru the process.

I did not say that it was easy or cheap but that it is possible to own a full auto if you have a clean police record and the money. The Internet does have many government sources that can be used as resources of accurate legal information such as the one telling a person how to get a concealed weapons permit, social security .

The giving up the 4th amendment thing is a rumor.

Kind of like the tales of widespread Beretta 92 sides breaking, people being put into FEMA camps, a UN weapon ban, the Easter bunny, cupacabra, and the president personally closing that lead smelter.

It just isn't true.

JR1572

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The giving up the 4th amendment thing is a rumor.

Kind of like the tales of widespread Beretta 92 sides breaking, people being put into FEMA camps, a UN weapon ban, the Easter bunny, cupacabra, and the president personally closing that lead smelter.

It just isn't true.

JR1572

The chupacabra are real and quite tasty if cooked right I might add.

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    The "suppressor" guy at Jim's did tell me I would lose my 4th amendment rights if I bought a suppressor, but he didn't know what an SOT was, he said he wasn't familiar with those...

Anyway, I am guessing the OP either shopped at Jim's or is the guy that worked for Jim's that told me I would lose my 4th amendment rights if I bought a suppressor. I was just trying to help one of my customers out that was really confused about buying a suppressor and had a stack of paperwork the dealer should have filled out. He thought he had a suppressor on the way, all he had was a receipt and unfilled forms...

Top Bottom