Question concerning how a lady should CC? <--- There, I fixed it

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    I'm going to be taking my concealed carry class in a month and I want to know what the best way for a girl to carry is. Obviously, I'm not very large and it would look awkward for me to holster a gun on my side. Other than carrying it in a purse or the glove box, what would you suggest?:D

Last edited:

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    Secure3.jpg

spurless or shielded j-frame, pocket holster?

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    Well, I mean the J-frames are a good suggestion Phil, but I'm thinking I'm going to be buying an HK P2000 9mm or a Glock 19 9mm that I'll have with me. I was researching holsters, especially because it's more difficult for women to carry on their persons. Just trying to see what the opinions are, being that there are a lot of guys on here whose wives carry

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Unfortunately, not all of our wives carry...

Forget the purse. That's what most thieves are trying to get from you. The purses designed for carry are OK, but you have to be constantly on alert. Also, they work great if you're approached from the front, but what if someone comes from behind. Hmmm, why does that girl have her hand sideways in her purse. If he grabs your arm he controls the gun.
    The challenge you face that guys don't is the clothing styles. Female clothing tends to be more form fitting (and no guys I'm not complaining!) and thinner. Also, you don't tend to wear a heavy belt every day.
    Also, guys tend to wear pretty much the same thing every day. I live in Khaki's for the office, suits when I have to, Jeans on Fridays and weekends, shorty on occasion. I usually carry a Keltec .380 on me, something heavier in my truck which is usually nearby. On the occasion that I'm going into a higher risk neighborhood my 1911 goes onto my belt in a pancake holster.
    Neither of the guns you mentioned are pocket sized. Loaded, they're heavy. If you wear capri's or other thin form fitting pants the gun is going to show (I'm a big guy so its a little less noticable). Women's belts tend to be very narrow. They won't support a large gun without sagging. You have two choices: Change your dress style to accomodate the bigger gun (jeans and vests mainly; I'm not sure how scrubs would do...) or go to a smaller lighter gun.
    Once you get your permit and start experimenting with carry styles things will become clearer. It takes some experimentation. I've transitioned through a Beretta .22 pocket pistol, a .38 Taurus snub revolver, a s&w 12 shot 9mm, the keltec, and finally my 1911. I don't want to think about how many holsters I've tried. It took a while to find something that works for me. You have to find something that works for you.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    Hahahaha, you don't know.

I pretty much live in scrubs, for the most part. Mainly because I'm at work all the time. I usually have a tank top on under my scrub shirt and was thinking that because I wear a slightly larger scrub top (to be polite) to "contain the girls," I was thinking I could have an over-the shoulder holster that sits higher towards my rib cage, but it would still be easy access. At work, if there were to be a threat, it would occur outside and I would be able to draw beforehand if necessary in the clinic. The doctor I work with keeps his Taurus 1911 on his side with his lab coat over it or on the desk in the back.

For every day, I'm usually in jeans, occasionally shorts, rarely dress pants, never capris or khakis (due to large leg muscles from playing sports. It's a tough job finding pants). I always wear a heavier belt because my waist is much smaller than my hips. I was looking here:
    http://www.womensholsters.com/page2/page2.html
    I don't really follow fashion, I try to stick with simple t-shirts for the most part, but the summer is coming up, so yes, lesser clothing styles will prevail due to the heat. I guess I'm just bouncing ideas to sort of see what's up because I'm newer to this.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    ^^^^^^
    HAHAHAHAHA, lmfao.
    Shouldn't mess with a girl that's packing a gun, sweeties.
    J/k, J/k. I'm googling a lot of stuff and just looking around. I don't entirely understand how the bra holster works though. Cause bras are pretty damn flimsy, IMO. They're for you guys anyways.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    Purse. If men in our society carried a purse, as some manly men in spain do, I'd have a big ass gun with me.

Take it to a class and work out of the purse. It is a great option.
    The doctor I'm going to shoot with on Tuesday has a gun purse from Cabela's, I think. It velcros on the front and the gun actually sits in a separate area from the inside of the purse.

Top Bottom