Question concerning how a lady should CC? <--- There, I fixed it

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    LMFAO. C'mon, we're all adults. Do we have to revert back to Kindergarten Cop?

Joseph: "Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina!"
    Phoebe: [to Kimble] "I see you taught them the basics"

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Purse. If men in our society carried a purse, as some manly men in spain do, I'd have a big ass gun with me.

Take it to a class and work out of the purse. It is a great option.

You can get a purse, Paul. I give you my blessing.

thread-pic%20(92).gif

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    LMFAO. C'mon, we're all adults. Do we have to revert back to Kindergarten Cop?

Joseph: "Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina!"
    Phoebe: [to Kimble] "I see you taught them the basics"

i didnt even know what a vag was in kindergarten, it was a few years later untill i figured all that out. up untill then it was just the "special place"

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, still going over the pros and cons of everything, which is good, because I need to learn.

It's been pointed out that I might have difficulty CC on me because my frame is little, so I'm still not sure how to do it unless I start buying size 12 pants (one size up) and look like I'm fatter (yeah, I know I need to get over myself on that one) than I actually am in order to do an IWB holster.

After looking at a few sites on Google, now I understand the logistics of why an AH would only be a backup. Too much time to actually bend down, lift the pant, draw, and shoot. In that time, the bastard could probably over-take me or put a bullet in me somewhere.

The purse carry still bothers me a lot because like I said, I'm not entirely comfortable carrying one AND that's the first target for many who want to do me harm.

"Mexican style" or OC seems like it might be out of the question, given the facts of
    1) MS would be hard to hide because of my T-shirts being thinner and more clingy due to the fashionistas (who the hell put them in charge?)
    2) OC just starts reeking of harassment from any party opposed to firearms, especially on women

SO... I guess at this point, it's still going to heavily depend on what I ultimately choose. Still thinking .45 ACP on some models, a 9mm, or even a .38 revolver as a smaller gun to keep on me. Still not entirely sure :confused:

A good CCW class will help you work through and resolve these questions.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Hahahaha, you don't know.

I pretty much live in scrubs, for the most part. Mainly because I'm at work all the time. I usually have a tank top on under my scrub shirt and was thinking that because I wear a slightly larger scrub top (to be polite) to "contain the girls," I was thinking I could have an over-the shoulder holster that sits higher towards my rib cage, but it would still be easy access. At work, if there were to be a threat, it would occur outside and I would be able to draw beforehand if necessary in the clinic. The doctor I work with keeps his Taurus 1911 on his side with his lab coat over it or on the desk in the back.

For every day, I'm usually in jeans, occasionally shorts, rarely dress pants, never capris or khakis (due to large leg muscles from playing sports. It's a tough job finding pants). I always wear a heavier belt because my waist is much smaller than my hips. I was looking here:
    http://www.womensholsters.com/page2/page2.html
    I don't really follow fashion, I try to stick with simple t-shirts for the most part, but the summer is coming up, so yes, lesser clothing styles will prevail due to the heat. I guess I'm just bouncing ideas to sort of see what's up because I'm newer to this.

Damn, what clinic doyou work at? I want to go there. Everyone is packing. You got insurance? No....BANG. :bowdown:
    LOL

Cool that they boss is on the band wagon

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    Strange.......no mention of fanny packs. There are some good ones out there that will carry full size 1911, etc.

As far as scrubs, the only way I see to do it is a fanny pack or something like the Smart Carry. There are some shirts with built-in holsters that you could wear in place of the tank-top under your scrub and you would just pull the shirt up and draw.
    It seems that no matter how TIGHT I cinch the scrubs, they start downhill quickly as soon as I add the Glock 27!

I don't like teaching the use of purses in general, but the better ones i.e. Galco have steel wire in the carry strap to resist a knife cutting the strap during a snatch-and-grab of the purse.

Good luck. You probably have solved this by now....

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Hey I might have your answer for you....

Several years ago I had to work in Atlanta for several months and took my full size glock 22 with me. I carried often in a holster called a "belly band" concealment holster. This was very comfortable for several hours of the day that I carried. I wore a light tank top shirt under my button down work shirt and the holster went inbetween them. This held the pistol and two spare clips high on my ribs with no movement or irritation.

Keep this in mind and they only cost about 20 bucks. Just google "belly band concealment holster" and they pop up in the results.

Hope this helps and Hope your tail bone is feeling better.

electrode1998

This would easily hide in your scrubs and even with my button down shirt and no jacket it did not print the pistol when I wore it. I am not a small person so I have a hard time finding holsters that do not print what I am carrying. Now I carry a s&w 642 or a sa xd9 sc.

Top Bottom