Walmart...ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    Well they finally got a shipment, Gonzales, Prairieville, College Dr., and Oneal lane have the Federal Champions in .40 cal S&W now, I snagged my 10 boxes + some 9 mm and a 100 count of Winchester white box 45 ACP.

They might be slow but you can't beat their price anywhere unless your buying reloads)

Cudos to Wally world'
    In fact I met the owner of BS (and his wife) there in WM tonight.:D

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    If anybody is looking for some more 9mm target ammo, I have 8 boxes for sale, 4 (Blazer 115GR FMJ) and 4 (Monarch 115 GR FMJ) both are 50 rnds per box I had bought them at Academy a while back for $12, I will sell them for $10 a box, so the first $80 takes them (400Rnds). I sold my 9mm a while back and have no plans on getting another one sticking to .40S&W and .45ACP. Thanks.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If anybody is looking for some more 9mm target ammo, I have 8 boxes for sale, 4 (Blazer 115GR FMJ) and 4 (Monarch 115 GR FMJ) both are 50 rnds per box I had bought them at Academy a while back for $12, I will sell them for $10 a box, so the first $80 takes them (400Rnds). I sold my 9mm a while back and have no plans on getting another one sticking to .40S&W and .45ACP. Thanks.

PM inbound on the ammo .

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Buying ammunition at a Wal-mart is always an interesting experience. I have resigned myself to wait until they run down the one employee on duty who has the key to the cabinet, and paying for the ammo right there, so you get to show the door-checker a separate receipt, etc., etc.

IOW, its pretty much a pain in the d^ck, but if you want to stock-pile cheap burrets, its the best game in town.

Yesterday, however, added a whole new dimension to the game. The clerk who eventually came to "help" me (after being summoned a half-dozen times over the PA) was an older white lady -even older than me, or else she had a LOT of miles on her. The point is, she was a grandmotherly-looking type. Not your typical "gun person", right?

Here's how the conversation at the cash register went, after I had selected my six boxes and was preparing to pay for them:

Clerk: "Too bad you weren't here last month. You could have gotten the last of the 'good' ammo."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Clerk: "The ammo companies have knuckled under to Obama; all ammo sold to civilians nowadays will go bad in less than a year."

Me: "No kidding? Where did you hear that?"

Clerk: (Conspiratorial look around)..."My husband has friends in government."

Me: "Ah, so. Well, how can you tell the "good" from the "bad"?"

Clerk: "You can't. That's the point. Sign here, please."

Me: "Here ya go. Thanks for the tip."

She then pursed her lips and nodded, as if to say 'You're welcome; no charge.' :D

That made my day. This was at the Zachary Wally World, BTW.

You the bastard that bought up all the 9mm probably!! None there today but I did get a box of .30 carbine.

The same lady has told me that I shouldn't pay for my ammo with a credit card because "THEY" will track you...

During the "oh **** Obama got elected ammo crunch" she told me that we wouldn't be allowed to buy ammo anymore shortly.

I try and avoid her... She always has a story about how "they" doing something.

There is a hood rat-ish looking guy that is actually pretty nice and will sell you more then 6 boxes.

BTW, you were actually buying factory ammo????

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Gee,
    I didn't realize that WalMart was a B.S. sponsor.
    I last bought ammo from James Loque.
    Support your local gunshop or gunsmith!
    leVieux

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Buying ammunition at a Wal-mart is always an interesting experience. I have resigned myself to wait until they run down the one employee on duty who has the key to the cabinet, and paying for the ammo right there, so you get to show the door-checker a separate receipt, etc., etc.

IOW, its pretty much a pain in the d^ck, but if you want to stock-pile cheap burrets, its the best game in town.

Yesterday, however, added a whole new dimension to the game. The clerk who eventually came to "help" me (after being summoned a half-dozen times over the PA) was an older white lady -even older than me, or else she had a LOT of miles on her. The point is, she was a grandmotherly-looking type. Not your typical "gun person", right?

Here's how the conversation at the cash register went, after I had selected my six boxes and was preparing to pay for them:

Clerk: "Too bad you weren't here last month. You could have gotten the last of the 'good' ammo."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Clerk: "The ammo companies have knuckled under to Obama; all ammo sold to civilians nowadays will go bad in less than a year."

Me: "No kidding? Where did you hear that?"

Clerk: (Conspiratorial look around)..."My husband has friends in government."

Me: "Ah, so. Well, how can you tell the "good" from the "bad"?"

Clerk: "You can't. That's the point. Sign here, please."

Me: "Here ya go. Thanks for the tip."

She then pursed her lips and nodded, as if to say 'You're welcome; no charge.' :D

That made my day. This was at the Zachary Wally World, BTW.

That's rich. If it were true then we'd all sue the ammo companies for not disclosing the changes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom