Extending pull on Remy 1100

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Picked up a pristine Remington 1100 12 gauge months ago and has worked flawlessly at the skeet range. I bought it used and the original owner cut down the stock a little bit and slapped a recoil pad so his son could shoot it. It's a bout a half inch difference from the original length of pull. I've shot it and had no problems with the length,although I haven't been shooting skeet long enough to tell a difference.

If I wanted to extend the pull without getting another stock,what's the best way to do it? I thought of adding a slip on recoil pad or replacing the current one with a thicker pad. I only have a half inch to go to get it to factory specs. Another question is...would a longer length of pull be beneficial for skeet or spoting clays? I probably won't hunt much with it,just kill clays for now. Tell me what's the best avenue to approach or if I even need to go there. Thanks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Remington1100 002.jpg
      Remington1100 002.jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 90
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    I like the shorter pull when going from waste to sights, If you do decide you want a longer pull I may have a stock set to trade you for shorts. I have a youth set in synthetic I keep on the one i use.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    You don't need to do anything until you find out if the gun fits you or not. It doesn't sound like you really know. It could still be too long. If length is needed you can add a spacer between the pad and stock or have a thicker pad put on.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Short stock could be good for rabbit clay or flushing bird clay...what about everything else? Is it more of a personal preference than a standard? I don't seem to have a problem with it overall,but will a longer stock be better? I'm thinking both would do and it's all personal preference.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Short stock could be good for rabbit clay or flushing bird clay...what about everything else? Is it more of a personal preference than a standard? I don't seem to have a problem with it overall,but will a longer stock be better? I'm thinking both would do and it's all personal preference.

I shoot better with a shorter length of pull, its really just whatever your comfortable with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom