Tanker beats Honda; drivers take home citations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Do you think this truck driver will keep his CDL or Job?

Tanker beats Honda; drivers take home citations

Advocate Florida parishes bureau
    Published: Jun 11, 2010 - Page: 5B
    Comments (0)

SLIDELL — A gasoline tanker truck was in the lead when a detective pulled it and another vehicle over and cited the drivers with drag racing, Slidell police said Wednesday.

The 18-wheeler and a 1995 Honda Accord turned a corner at high speed in front of a police detective, who chased them down and clocked the two vehicles going more than 80 mph on Old Spanish Trail on Tuesday night, according to a police news release.

The drivers said they raced after talking about how fast their vehicles could go, the release said.

Craig Smith, 33, of Kenner, said the gas trailer was empty, according to police.

Police cited Smith and Brandon Tanks, 19, of Slidell, for drag racing, which carries a penalty of up to 30 days in jail or a fine of up to $175.

Capt. Kevin Foltz said the tank truck was in the lead when the detective stopped the vehicles.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Could be worse... I was riding with one of my former bosses in Morgan City in his Ford Exploder when he was passed by a school bus, yes a SCHOOL BUS! I used to always pick on him by saying he drove slow enough to drive Miss Daisy.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The CDL driver either extremely stupid and new or he didn't have a family to feed. And obviously he sure as hell wasn't an owner/operator.

Moving violations will cause a CDL to be revoked lickety split. Admittedly I have forgot the number and set period of time, but it was never worth purposely screwing up when you might get another one unexpectedly the next week. And this gross negligence may revoke it immediately. I hope the LEO wrote it as to force the driver to appear before a judge.

It doesn't matter if you were loaded or empty. If you're in a wreck, and fumes leak, you're going to have a lot of problems. There have been successful cases based noxious fumes in the past.

Spec always handled the "YOU'RE FIRED!" moments but I'm willing to bet this idiot would be turning in his company credit card and keys, getting his crap out of the truck and leaving.

I really hate stupid truck drivers. They make responsible owner/operators look like a backwards redneck cud chewing hicks.

Last edited:

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    Yea but when your running 80 and a schoolbus passes you with a load of ball players on board makes you really wonder. I know i was pushing my rig, but a school bus with kids. thats as bad as the drag racing a honda

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yea but when your running 80 and a schoolbus passes you with a load of ball players on board makes you really wonder. I know i was pushing my rig, but a school bus with kids. thats as bad as the drag racing a honda

Some of those school bus drivers drive like they are crazy. I've called in a couple.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    Why would you admit to racing? Exactly They would have to have pics or something to prove it. Didn't it say it was a detective that wrote it up???

Top Bottom