Glock 2nd -vs-3rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Does anyone have an opinion as to which Glock series is a better gun? Do you think the 3rd is superior to the 2nd generation (G-17) , or is it all subjective? Now that the 4th generation is available, does anyone have any thoughts or observations on this series?

Thank you.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Whatever you can get your hands on for the best price is all that matters between 2nd and 3rd gen IMO. Both are solid guns. I take a dremel to my 3rd gen finger grooves anyway.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I prefer the way a 2nd gen feels, but am getting used to the 3rd gen finger grooves. I did stiple my 3rd gen g26 on the front and back, and that made a big difference. Plan to do it to my gen2 17 and gen3 22 and see how they feel. With a mag funnel my gen3 34 feels very good, but the gen3 35 without the funnel does not feel as good.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have not bought a Glock only because of the finger grooves, I would vote 2nd, but why not just get an XD...

I have both and also prefer the XD. I have purged all but three Glocks from the system mainly because of grip angle. I still have a gen2 G20, a gen3 G29SF and my 6" Lone Wolf 10mm top end on the gen2 G21 frame that I plan on doing the grip reduction on to simulate the correct (for me) grip angle.

They're more or less novelties to me because I can't get used to the feel enough to carry one but you can't take anything away from their reliability. I have carried the XD though.

All that said, and to answer your question, gen2 unless you feel comfortable carving on it and want the rail.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I would prefer the later gun, but I have to say I'm not a fan of the grooves on the 3rd gen G19. Too close together. Can't bring myself to mod the frame :o

4th gen should have had swappable front straps as well as backstraps.

I like the grooves on everything else, sub compact and full size.

I could care less about the rails. I guess I prefer without since I will probably never use them. . . but they don't get in the way.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Volunteering for our GSSF match

I shot the steel plates round at our annual factory sponsored ( GSSF ) Glock pistol match this past weekend with one of their new Gen 4 G17's. It had all the upgrades and a ''very nice'' stipple on the grip ( not at all as abrasive as the first version of their (RTF) rough textured finish.) It handled very nice and shot extremely well.

My initial feeling on their Gen 4 was to wait a bit to buy, my thoughts have now changed. A Gen 4 G17 is in my budget now.

TK

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom