SOLD: Sig Sauer P226 West Germany 9mm NS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This is an original West German model Sig P226 chambered in 9mm. According to the "KB" date code it was made in 1991. It has night sights and I changed the hollow stock guide rod to a solid stainless model. I also have the original stock guide rod and that will be included. It comes with the original Sig case, two Sig 15 round "zipper back" mags and one Mec-Gar 18 round mag (brand new, "flush fit"). The grips are Hogue finger groove models which came with the gun when I bought it. I do not have any other grips for this gun.

I purchased this used several years ago so I cannot give an accurate round count. Cosmetically it's in very good condition with some finish wear around the front of the slide and some of the outer levers (take down, hammer drop, mag release, slide catch). I don't think this was holster carried based on the wear pattern. Since I purchased it I have taken it to Precision exactly one time to shoot a few boxes through it. After that it basically lived inside as a "go to" gun. You can even see some dust in the pics. I've also got sold a P220 for sale with basically the same amount of use on my end.

The pictures below are only thumbnails and you can see the full size image by clicking on each pic below.

Factory case

Internals

Barrel, stainless guide rod and slide

Aiming end

Business end

(2) Sig "zipper back" mags and one Mec-Gar flat back

Three pics of the slide/frame rails:

$500 FTF in the Baton Rouge area, cash only, no checks please. Willing to meet at Bass Pro or Cabela's for those further down the road. Not really looking for any trades at this time. I can be reached through PM (preferred, I get alerted by email) or you can email me at bs875 at bayoushooter.com. Thanks

Last edited:

kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    What is the date code under the muzzle on the slide? Should be something like "KF". Do you happen to have the original grip plates?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What is the date code under the muzzle on the slide? Should be something like "KF". Do you happen to have the original grip plates?

The date code is KB which I believe means 1991. I do not have the original grip plates. It came with the Hogue grips when I purchased it.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sig P226

I know it's W.German made, and older. I guess it's the "original" P226, before being reintroduced.
    Is there any other model markings on it?
    Thank you.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I know it's W.German made, and older. I guess it's the "original" P226, before being reintroduced.
    Is there any other model markings on it?
    Thank you.

I don't think so. At the time this was made there were only major models and not the plethora of sub models Sig has now (compact, railed, elite, etc.).

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom