.38spc range gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bubba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    BRLA
    WOW! Did this thread get hijacked! Back to your question, S&W and Ruger make nice mid frame 38 spc. I am a Ruger fan the SP101 is very good small frame but may recoil more your girl may like with 38+p rounds. The GP100s are a larger mid frame revolver if she doesn't mind the extra weight. If the grips are not to her liking there are many after market suppliers for S&W and Ruger that probably make a grip she would prefer.

I do not like Taurus revolvers at all. I have owned a couple and had problems with both them and known many others to have had problems. It seems with Taurus you either get a fine gem of a revolver or it's junk. No in between.

If looking to keep cost down search the pawn shops.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Before I offer advice I have a question: Is a revolver for your girlfriend always going to be used as a range toy or are you/she preparing her to carry a weapon? If carry is the projected end point then a snubby for an inexperienced shooter is not the answer. Most people can't hit the broad side of a barn with a snub nosed anything. Close quarters work, say from 6 feet in, she will probably hit an attacker with 50 percent of what she shoots. Do the math and then gently move her thinking over to a larger magazine capacity. AIM is/was selling ex-Leo Glock 19's for $300. A 16 round mag loaded with Critical Defense will stop anything on 2 legs and most things on 4 legs. Why do you think police departments forced everybody to turn in their revolvers? Too many dead detectives.

You offered advice before your question was answered...

The op wants a range gun, he said that a few times...

He most likely has a glock 19 already. Most bs members do, even if they wont admit it.

Who sells 16 rd mags for the 19?

I am pretty sure that slower reload times and ammo capacity cause the shift to autos, not practical accuracy...

Top Bottom