Bob Barr

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    anyone else taking a SERIOUS look at bob barr? so far, i like everything i've been able to find out about him, and he's NOT a lib-tard like the other three candidates.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'll have to check him out, though I doubt he'll be a serious contendor - or more of a condtentor than Dr. Paul IMHO (I make that opinion without research yet). There are facets about all 3 candidets I like. I just wish there was a way to put them all in a vat and mush them all together (Secret Service do not come after me!)

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    Bob Barr will most likely be MUCH more of a contender than Dr. Paul. Supposedly, the "experts" were saying he would get about 3 percent of the vote - that was before he even announced his candidacy.

If he can get fair-play on the media outlets, he'll do well. He's very well spoken and articulate, but he definitely is a Libertarian.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    While I have always liked him and he has always been strongly pro-gun, in the present situation, he can only be considered an idiot who will surely put Obama in the White House. Remember what Ralph Nader did for Gore? If you want to assure that Obama is your president, vote for either Paul or Barr.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    While I have always liked him and he has always been strongly pro-gun, in the present situation, he can only be considered an idiot who will surely put Obama in the White House. Remember what Ralph Nader did for Gore? If you want to assure that Obama is your president, vote for either Paul or Barr.

That certainly is the party line, isn't it? I mean, that's exactly what McCain is counting on, and quite frankly, I think it's a bunch of crap. Don't take it personally, but we're NEVER going to change our country thinking like that.

Many will continue to compromise, and when the day is done, they will have compromised their rights away ... and that's exactly what McCain is, a compromise.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I gave up on Bob Barr years ago when he jumped in bed with the ACLU. :mad:

http://blog.aclu.org/index.php?/archives/239-Bob-Barr-Immigration-Belongs-at-the-Federal-Level.html

If you'll take a look at the list on the right hand side of the above link, you'll notice that gun rights is nowhere to be found. :mad:

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/gen/15182prs20021125.html

If your thinking about voting for Bob Barr, you just as soon vote for Obama cause thats who your vote will help. I voted 3rd party in 1992 and we got the Clintons. I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since.
    I use to be a huge fan of Bob Barr. Use to listen to his radio program every Sunday. When he became council to the A.C.L.U. I lost all respect for the man. :(

Art

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The only thing that McCain is: Not Obama, Not Hillery.

Right, wrong or indifferent, this country is set up on a two party system. Independants do not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. A "protest vote", while it may make you feel better will only have the effect of putting your least favorite candidate in office. Will it make you feel that much better that it is worth assuring your enemies victory? Remember Perot? He gave us Clinton with less than 40% of the popular vote. (Clinton claimed a mandate, however.)

Look at history - Not even Teddy Roosevelt could win from a third party position.

We are now down to two choices - someone who won't be good for us and someone who WILL be bad for us. It is a crappy situation and far from ideal, but that is reality. My conscience would not let me do anything that aids and abets the true enemy - the Democratic nominee.

Dan

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    The only thing that McCain is: Not Obama, Not Hillery.

Right, wrong or indifferent, this country is set up on a two party system. Independants do not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. A "protest vote", while it may make you feel better will only have the effect of putting your least favorite candidate in office. Will it make you feel that much better that it is worth assuring your enemies victory? Remember Perot? He gave us Clinton with less than 40% of the popular vote. (Clinton claimed a mandate, however.)

Look at history - Not even Teddy Roosevelt could win from a third party position.

We are now down to two choices - someone who won't be good for us and someone who WILL be bad for us. It is a crappy situation and far from ideal, but that is reality. My conscience would not let me do anything that aids and abets the true enemy - the Democratic nominee.

Dan

:bravo:

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    Bob Barr is the only real candidate for President that is presently seeking that office. The Dems have 2 losers and the big Mac is a collaborator nut job.

Duncan Hunter would have been good as would be Bill Richardson. But both are out.

So if Bob Barr gets Libertarian nod he has my vote.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    re: the ACLU - i actually, gasp, agree with the ACLU on a couple issues, and privacy is definitely one of them. i think the patriot act and similar legislation is beyond horrible!

re: "wasting" my vote with barr - since my its my vote, and i'll cast it for the candidate i think will serve the country and its interests the best. i'm not going to compromise within myself by voting for mccain or any other compromise candidate as long as there is a viable alternative. i think barr is a viable alternative (whereas dr. paul has proven not to be viable).

re: two-party system - you are correct ... for now. changes do not happen overnight, and we most likely have to go backward before we can go forward. what's best for the country in the long term may not necessarily be what's best for the here and now. unfortunately, the vast majority of voting-age americans are only looking for what they can get for free in the here and now.

i really think there is a rift within the current two-party system, and at least one new party will come out of it. either that, or the rift is within the country and at least one new country will come out of it ... but that's a whole 'nother can o' worms! :eek3:

GentleBen

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    yes, but ...

Barr is a darn good candidate, but at this point in the game his candidacy only serves to chip away at support for McCain and embolden Hussein's efforts.

He should have come out strong LAST year.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Bob Barr will most likely be MUCH more of a contender than Dr. Paul. Supposedly, the "experts" were saying he would get about 3 percent of the vote - that was before he even announced his candidacy.

If he can get fair-play on the media outlets, he'll do well. He's very well spoken and articulate, but he definitely is a Libertarian.

No he wont, the Media will make sure of that.

But I do like him so far and if I can't vote for Dr. Paul I may throw him my vote.

I want to know more about him though, not a lot that I have seen.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Clinton will get the nomination, and there will be a big fiasco at the DNC.

OR

There will be a big fiasco at the DNC and then Obama will get it.

In that order.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    Every time I'm in a book store, I browse the bargain section. some of the most valuable books I own I picked up from that section, and yesterday was no different. I added a copy of Thomas Paine's Common Sense, and in thumbing through came across this, which I thought was applicable.

Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence (sic) of custom.

-Author's Introduction

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    Every time I'm in a book store, I browse the bargain section. some of the most valuable books I own I picked up from that section, and yesterday was no different. I added a copy of Thomas Paine's Common Sense, and in thumbing through came across this, which I thought was applicable.

Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence (sic) of custom.

-Author's Introduction

Top Bottom