Is your safe safe?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    murphy and wells need to get fired along with the DA and any other officers who helped in the entry into the safe and taking all of the guns and such out of the home and safe. The county needs to release the guns to him. The only thing I think he should possible be charged with is discharge of a firearm, if there are runs against it in his part of town. It seems that he was pretty far out.

Last edited:

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    murphy and wells need to get fired along with the DA and any other officers who helped in the entry into the safe and taking all of the guns and such out of the home and safe. The county needs to release the guns to him. The only thing I think he should possible be charged with is discharge or a firearm, if there are runs against it in his part of town. It seems that he was pretty far out.
    +1. That whole situation is a damn shame. :o

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    murphy and wells need to get fired along with the DA and any other officers who helped in the entry into the safe and taking all of the guns and such out of the home and safe. The county needs to release the guns to him. The only thing I think he should possible be charged with is discharge of a firearm, if there are runs against it in his part of town. It seems that he was pretty far out.

Yeap,
    I wish the video would have stated what the law concerning discharging a firearm is for their county.
    I also wish that they would have said what charges weren't dropped.

Art

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Can you say

LAWSUIT?

I am a pro-LE guy, but this is ridiculous. These men are a disgrace and should be removed.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    BTW- did you notice he's shooting an air rifle in the video? Either he's scared to resume shooting his .22 or he hasn't gotten them back yet.....:mad:

This cannot be tolerated in America (yes, even in California America), if we are to remain free.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    That's ****ed up.
    I hope he retains a good civil rights attorney.
    BTW- did you notice he's shooting an air rifle in the video? Either he's scared to resume shooting his .22 or he hasn't gotten them back yet.....:mad:
    Cops said he had 8 firearms in the safe. Only could make out two from what they said
    M1A
    Ruger Mini-14

The sheriff still has four of the eight guns.
    The one in the video might be the Marlin Model 80.

The deputy might have "wanted" that Colt.
    vlcsnap2010071819h16m57.png

:)

Last edited:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Here's the youtube version of the video.
    Some on another forum were having trouble with the original link.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wKRKGqYZjI[/ame]

Art

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's ****ed up.
    I hope he retains a good civil rights attorney.

Cops said he had 8 firearms in the safe. Only could make out two from what they said
    M1A
    Ruger Mini-14

The sheriff still has four of the eight guns.
    The one in the video might be the Marlin Model 80.

The deputy might have "wanted" that Colt.
    vlcsnap2010071819h16m57.png

:)

I admit my eyes suck and I may be wrong, but the one he's fooling with at the table sure looms like a crack-barrel "Gamo" style air rifle....But I could be wrong.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    ok thanks...I'm copyn this but it is 2008 ya'll see that ? ok, still it makes me really pissed, it's prolly worse today

Wonder if this is how it will look after the next hurricane when things are badly messed up and the "new" congressional ruling that disaster is not a reason to disarm the public is spit on by the authority in charge

I think it's time for a clarification on disobeying an illegal order from LEO thread

Watched part deuce...is there more to the conclusion of this inquisition ??

What crap....fired...and put in Compeon and Ramos cell, since they didn't deserve it

Did I get the names right ?

Last edited:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Even if the final result was obvious, it was clearly going to end badly when the dispatcher says, "He has 8 guns registered to him." I actually had to stop and think, "WTF is she talking about, registered?"
    This is Kalifornia I believe. Register everything. THat said, he lives in kalifornia, what the hell did he think was going to happen to him.

My observations from the dash cam conversations, It seems that the deputies had been there before for him shooting and probably told him not to because of some ordinance/ safety issue. There is a back story here that were not getting. If so shame on him for not getting that issue resolved before firing. I could even give em a little leway to clear the trailer for officer safety only if they believed someone else was inside that posed a risk. The Supreme Court has even alowed that. However they had no cause to enter the safe and no judge would have signed a warrant to enter the safe from what I saw.

While the video you saw was edited, I did not see a brandishing of a firearm at deputies. Only problem I saw with that guys behavior is when he stupidly reached for his cellphone, with them yelling at him not too, and that is not a crime, but could get your ass shot.

Now where the guys real problem is is that he plead guilty to a misdemeanor. If he is innocent, dont plead to ****. Get a better lawyer.

That said I hope he gets his guns back, hooks his trailer up, and moves out of occupied territory.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    These deputies would've truly been a huge hit in New Orleans after Katrina.....
    Some of the CA personel in the infamous- but isolated- confiscation videos seemed to have similar attitudes towards the "nerve" of someone actually possessing firearms in their home.

I couldn't live in CA.

Top Bottom