3k to spend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    What should I buy to finish or add to my collection?

I currently have a 20in Ar, Yugo underfolder Ak, 870 express 12ga, Russian SKS, P22, S&W .357 and numerous other non millitary rifles.

What would be a good investment to add? Im looking at trying to pick up rifles in the 400-800$ range so I could get 4 or 5 more.

Im currently looking at the POLISH TANTEL 5.45X39 Ak from classic along with a AUTO ORDNANCE 1927A1C LITEWEIGHT TOMMY GUN from classic arms.

Anything else? Maybe a Fal or something?

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    ammo, magazines and whatever you think might be in jeopardy

Wouldn't that be any and everything?

I mean, Ammo will probally never be in Jeopardy considering the .223 round is used in hunting means daily.

And the .308 round also. Mags on the other hand, thats a good idea to stock up on.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    Its great to see everyone who posted in this thread so far is a premium member.

Goes to show how much we care and appreciate this community.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    What should I buy to finish or add to my collection?

I currently have a 20in Ar, Yugo underfolder Ak, 870 express 12ga, Russian SKS, P22, S&W .357 and numerous other non millitary rifles.

What would be a good investment to add? Im looking at trying to pick up rifles in the 400-800$ range so I could get 4 or 5 more.

Im currently looking at the POLISH TANTEL 5.45X39 Ak from classic along with a AUTO ORDNANCE 1927A1C LITEWEIGHT TOMMY GUN from classic arms.

Anything else? Maybe a Fal or something?

I recomend building the AK74, that way you can get it for ~ $400 and save ~ $200

Atleast 20 mags per EBR
    Pistol mags for whatever pistol (Hi cap) you might decide you want after the next ellection.

A FAL would be nice, Let me know and I'll lset you shoot one of mine some time.
    -I also recomend you remind me to bring a M1A scout with me...

I'd put off the 'Tommy gun' and buy the mags first.

I've bought mags for Stens, Uzi's, Thompsons... Don't ahve any of the guns, but got the mags cheap.

IMHO mags and ammo will be going up at a higher rate than firearms, followed by EBR's.

Buy whatever you'd want for the rest of your life, or your children to have.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I recomend building the AK74, that way you can get it for ~ $400 and save ~ $200

Atleast 20 mags per EBR
    Pistol mags for whatever pistol (Hi cap) you might decide you want after the next ellection.

A FAL would be nice, Let me know and I'll lset you shoot one of mine some time.
    -I also recomend you remind me to bring a M1A scout with me...

I'd put off the 'Tommy gun' and buy the mags first.

I've bought mags for Stens, Uzi's, Thompsons... Don't ahve any of the guns, but got the mags cheap.

IMHO mags and ammo will be going up at a higher rate than firearms, followed by EBR's.

Buy whatever you'd want for the rest of your life, or your children to have.

Thanks Nomad, I wish I knew a place selling cheap AK and AR mags. It sucks I didn't get in on that group buy.

We should try and get that going again.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I'd consider a Garand from CMP and a few crates of the Greek HXP. (240 rounds for $55)
    Possibly a dedicated .22 LR upper (or at least a Ceiner kit) and some Black dog mags for cheap shooting.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    x2 the reloading equipment and a stock of brass and bullets

Ditto reloading supplys. Spend 1K and buy a Dillon 550 or 650 and your reloading supplys. If the libs in D.C. ban ammo imports AK chow prices will shoot through the roof. Something else the anti-gun nuts talk about is taxing the crap out of ammo. Something to think about. Plus you'll save a bunch of bucks on ammo. And you can tune your load to your gun if your looking for accuracy.

Art

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    Depends on your shooting style or hunting. Maybe a good muzzloader or shotgun for birds. Maybe more AR style or AK's

But 3k could get you a nice long range precision rifle.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Everyone seems to have different tastes, desires & goals.
    What are yours?
    Many firearms outperform bank interest of savings accounts, stock & bonds.
    Are you looking for investments or fun?
    Much of the modern stuff is fun, while there is much interest in martial arms of the past that costs more & more each day.
    While I have many martial arms of past world wars from many countries, I also like modern arms. Modern arms, when purchased new, usually lose thier value right away, while older rifles can be had for a low price, & will almost certainly appreciate in value, but you have to purchase wisely by being well informed.
    Hold your money tightly, look at what interests you, investigate the firearm, fire & clean one if possible, strike a good bargain if it is one you want, & always pay attention to the cost of feeding the rifle.
    I have been drooling over the Microtech copy of the Steyr AUG in 6.8 Remington for around 2G.
    An M1A Match bedded to a JAE-100 stock is also causing shortness of breath.
    Can't go wrong with the proper M1 Garand or U.S. Model of 1903
    A Finnish Mosin is not only very accurate, cheap to shoot, but also a wise investment, as are Swedish & Swiss martial arms.
    There is also much speculation that many of the high capacity semi-automatic rifles & handguns will be outlawed again with the help of the next President. Many feel current owners will be grandfathered into being able to keep thier current rifles, but new ones will not be allowed, so prices on the existing stocks will rise.
    Remember, there are many sellers eager to get your money. You hold the power, you control the transaction.
    Good luck, & let us know what you bring home!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom