4 year old killed by pit bull in Houma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CY09

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Talk here in town is that he was a breeding dog ($1500 stud fee) with a female in heat in the home. If that turns out to be true it just emphasizes the lack of adult common sense.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Some pits are sweethearts though.

tugi6g6xkz3jgkoltmw.jpg

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    I get a bit tired of people on here bashing pits when they're to close minded to own one themselves to see how amazing the breed is. Labs have the high recorded bites and have mauled many people and children. Does that mean the bred is horrible? Hell no, they're animals not robots. Humans only have so much say over what they'll do at any given moment.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I love my pit bulls and it will be a long time until I don't have one.

Buster and Roxy
    935800_10101197341121048_309318301_n.jpg

Roxy doing what she does best when not eating kids. And then there's Maggie keeping her under control
    426546_10101128602733328_1155892202_n.jpg

How many times have they eaten your face off while you were sound asleep. Mine just licks my kids hands, he must be a mutt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    How many times have they eaten your face off while you were sound asleep. Mine just licks my kids hands, he must be a mutt.

Never, mine must be as defective as my assault rifle with extended banana clips that doesn't shoot anyone.

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    Blaming an entire breed for a few that do wrong is in essence racism. My pit has never attacked anyone or anything. He loves playing with kids and other dogs. I trust and love him. He's proven to be more trustworthy and caring than the majority of humans I know.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I get a bit tired of people on here bashing pits when they're to close minded to own one themselves to see how amazing the breed is. Labs have the high recorded bites and have mauled many people and children. Does that mean the bred is horrible? Hell no, they're animals not robots. Humans only have so much say over what they'll do at any given moment.

Big difference between being bitten and being killed!

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Blaming an entire breed for a few that do wrong is in essence racism. My pit has never attacked anyone or anything. He loves playing with kids and other dogs. I trust and love him. He's proven to be more trustworthy and caring than the majority of humans I know. QUOTE]

That's exactly what every pitt owner says right after their dog has ripped someones face off. "But he was always so gentle. He's never done anything like this before"

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yeah, if I have to get bit- put me down for some type of toy dog, if possible. I'll pass on the pit bull.

Yeah, I'm wimping out I know- but I can probably fend off the toy-to-medium sized dog without having to discharge whatever Glock I'm carrying at the time.... :dogkeke:

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    FTrookie, like your statement hasn't been ran into the ground? That's the same response every weak minded person says in response to the media hyped stories. Plenty of other dogs kill people, it doesn't make the news because "pit attack" sells better than "family mutt attacks and kills child"

Top Bottom