$40 night vision toy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We have coyotes that like to sneak up to the edge of our lights at the camp...
    I'm thinking a night shot or two...Your thought's ?

I'm sure this would work, but like the box says 50' is it in total darkness unless you have a separate illuminator. I'm not so sure a $500 model would be much if any better on distance either. Obviously much better optics would work better in star/moonlight, but this is $40. I say for the price try it, if you don't like it take it back or give it to a neighbor kid.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That's probably not going to work, this is a huge, double handed binocular thing. If you are actually shooting at something I'd say spend the extra $ and get a real rifle scope. I've seen them in my search for around $200 again 50' isn't as far as you might think when it comes to eyeballing an wild animal. Also keep in mind any lighted night vision thing is going to be seen by most any nocturnal animal. They can see much more of the infrared spectrum than humans.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Always good for unwanted guests

silence-bill-goggles1.bmp

Old Smokey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think that this is the perfect gift for my two grandsons. Just to be sure, though, I'm going to buy one for myself so that I can try it out (play with it.) Still a kid at 66 yrs. old.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    O'neal and Cortana are supposed to have them, there must have been 15 or more at O'neal yesterday and they had the red closeout tags on them.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I bought something similar to these, made by the same company. My boys wanted them for christmas last year. The ones I bought are the strap on goggles, handsfree to take care of business! I was really surprised how good they worked. WELL worth the 60 or so I paid, each.

cottonmouth

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    the reviews look good on the website with the exception of one bad review where the customer didn't bother explaining why he disliked it. So yeah, for the money I'd say give it a shot and if it doesn't fit your needs then you're only out 40 bucks. If it does work well let me know! I could definitely put something like this to good use in my never ending battle against the horde of armadillos that have been trying to ruin my yard for the better part of 15 years.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah man..I see what you mean...Picked up a set...Still should work on Pic-Dillo's...ccc

That's probably not going to work, this is a huge, double handed binocular thing. If you are actually shooting at something I'd say spend the extra $ and get a real rifle scope. I've seen them in my search for around $200 again 50' isn't as far as you might think when it comes to eyeballing an wild animal. Also keep in mind any lighted night vision thing is going to be seen by most any nocturnal animal. They can see much more of the infrared spectrum than humans.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's funny to think at one point this was top tier military grade technology costing thousands of dollars. Now it's a $40 kid's toy. :D

I have a cheap NV monocular I paid around $100 for that works pretty well. For about a week I found it borderline addictive...it seems like once you have the ability to see in the dark you feel vulnerable when you aren't looking through the NV. Of course, it eventually got told and I haven't touched it in a couple years. Sure wish I had it during Katrina.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    one of my kids got some of these for their birthday last year and they are very impressive for the price. I wouldn't think they'd work sneaking up on cyotes in the dark, but you can easily move through your house with ease in pitch black. Well worth $40.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom