It must be getting BAD!!!!!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Where I live there used to be no crime at all! We have never locked our doors when we are out of the house except at night. Well in the past week some people tried to break into two different peoples houses. One guy was met at gun point by the owner! Never thought I would hear of stuff like this where I live!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's rough out there, buddy. Few if any places allow you to safely sleep with the doors unlocked anymore....Good to hear one guy knew how to "advise them they were unwelcome" in his home, though....:cheers:

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    I was born and raised in Baton Rouge, it was really nice in the 50's and 60's. Look at it now, number 5 in the nation for homicides and 2 for AIDs. What does that tell you ? If I could go back in time (time machine) I would like to be the "Terminator" programed to kill slave traders and slave owners.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    We just returned from Austin, where my vehicle was burglarized on our first full day. Parked in a visible, well traversed lot in a public park to take my boy to the Science/Nature center, and returned to a busted out rear window and APD taking a report. $40 roadside safety kit (Wal-Mart cheapo) containing jumpers, tow rope, first aid, plastic flashlight, something I did not think of as "valuable" other than in specific circumstances when needed, cost me $210 for the window replacement. Also made me acutely aware of the numerous public service signs around Austin reminding people not to leave "valuables" in their vehicles, and highly suspicious of anyone who looked even slightly transient or strung out when going about the rest of our trip. I was hoping to not have to maintain condition yellow throughout my vacation, but it didn't work out that way. It's everywhere, and happens to anybody.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I agree, I firmly believe that we have not been hit due to the very LOUD and aggressive dog I have, he is 52 pound border collie and sounds meaner that a pit..

(that and I told the darker neighbors that he had to be retired from LEo work due to biting their kind ) rofl.. truth I swear.. it worked..

I also told them that my hawk didnt like them either.. lol I love it but it works.. (till they read it here of course)

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    and I told the darker neighbors

Here's my neighbors pictured below!!

Darker Neighbors what are "Darker Neighbors" :confused:

My neighbors like to have "Fire Side" chats too!!
    threbel1.gif

2kkk.jpg

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    No crime in St. Martinville, La??? I work there alot and they have some ugly spots with plenty of crime.

Slidell used to be like that long ago when my parents moved here. Now it is becoming an extension of New Orleans East. Even funnier is my parents/grandparents moved to slidell from gentilly(nola) and that area is horrible now.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    No crime in St. Martinville, La??? I work there alot and they have some ugly spots with plenty of crime.

Slidell used to be like that long ago when my parents moved here. Now it is becoming an extension of New Orleans East. Even funnier is my parents/grandparents moved to slidell from gentilly(nola) and that area is horrible now.

I don't live IN saint Martinville. I live in a small town (catahoula) about 10 miles south of st. Martinville. Yes saint martinville has some pretty bad spots but catahoula has no crime or should I say used to have no crime I'm not being racist but this is words from black people I went to school with and work with. " we don't go to catahoula. All them white people got guns and if we do anything stupid over there we gone get shot" the people who tried to break into my 2 neighbors houses are crack heads looking for money to buy drugs. They live in tents along the levee!

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Man , to hear people talk , Austin is supposed to be Utopia .

Everything where we went, mostly the downtown area, was exceptionally clean and well maintained. There were quite a few transients and panhandlers. From what I heard from a friend that lives in Kyle, Austin is Liberal Central, and I got a small dose of that from someone else as well. While riding the elevator up in our hotel a pizza delivery guy commented that he wished he could wear a shirt like mine while working, but would probably get fired for it. I was wearing a yellow Gadsden shirt (gadsdenandculpepper.com), and I replied "What, in Texas you'd get fired for that?" His reply was "You wouldn't believe it around here. Way liberal."

Where the burglary happened, I noted as I parked that there was plenty visibility, dozens of people jogging, pushing strollers, throwing frisbees, walking dogs, it was like a cliche Hollywood "wholesome family park scene". The responding officer told me they had been getting hit hard recently and they usually take reports a half dozen at a time there, perpetrators passing in and out hitting in bursts when the area gets empty, I guess I just subconsciously thought upon seeing all the activity that it wouldn't disappear during the mid-morning hours. A witness scared the perp off and I was the only one hit in this particular round, probably a first pick due to a LA plate. The bag containing the kit wasn't sized like a laptop or anything, my wife firgures the perp thought it might be a camera case of some sort. I think a junky or punk was just grabbing anything available. A couple leaving as I was on the phone tracking down a glass company asked if everything was OK and told me they had been going there for years and it was pretty regular.

Last edited:

seven-up

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Franklinton, LA
    Everything where we went, mostly the downtown area, was exceptionally clean and well maintained. There were quite a few transients and panhandlers. From what I heard from a friend that lives in Kyle, Austin is Liberal Central, and I got a small dose of that from someone else as well. While riding the elevator up in our hotel a pizza delivery guy commented that he wished he could wear a shirt like mine while working, but would probably get fired for it. I was wearing a yellow Gadsden shirt (gadsdenandculpepper.com), and I replied "What, in Texas you'd get fired for that?" His reply was "You wouldn't believe it around here. Way liberal."

Where the burglary happened, I noted as I parked that there was plenty visibility, dozens of people jogging, pushing strollers, throwing frisbees, walking dogs, it was like a cliche Hollywood "wholesome family park scene". The responding officer told me they had been getting hit hard recently and they usually take reports a half dozen at a time there, perpetrators passing in and out hitting in bursts when the area gets empty, I guess I just subconsciously thought upon seeing all the activity that it wouldn't disappear during the mid-morning hours. A witness scared the perp off and I was the only one hit in this particular round, probably a first pick due to a LA plate. The bag containing the kit wasn't sized like a laptop or anything, my wife firgures the perp thought it might be a camera case of some sort. I think a junky or punk was just grabbing anything available. A couple leaving as I was on the phone tracking down a glass company asked if everything was OK and told me they had been going there for years and it was pretty regular.

It's the San Francisco of Texas...

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    We just returned from Austin, where my vehicle was burglarized on our first full day. Parked in a visible, well traversed lot in a public park to take my boy to the Science/Nature center, and returned to a busted out rear window and APD taking a report. $40 roadside safety kit (Wal-Mart cheapo) containing jumpers, tow rope, first aid, plastic flashlight, something I did not think of as "valuable" other than in specific circumstances when needed, cost me $210 for the window replacement. Also made me acutely aware of the numerous public service signs around Austin reminding people not to leave "valuables" in their vehicles, and highly suspicious of anyone who looked even slightly transient or strung out when going about the rest of our trip. I was hoping to not have to maintain condition yellow throughout my vacation, but it didn't work out that way. It's everywhere, and happens to anybody.

Every summer there is a big car show in Austin(it's actually this weekend) I usually have to got to it for work. Every time I have ever been to Austin, my truck has been broken into. A few years back, they got in our Topkick and trailer, and stole everything out of the topkick and 2 show cars. The next year we thought we would play it safe, so we parked the 2 show cars under the awning at the entrance to the hotel. They broke into them right in front of the hotel entrance. We were staying in decent hotels, Marriotts and courtyards.

Austin has more bums than any city I have ever been to. There are literlly 3-4 of them at every traffic signal along I-35. Nowadays if I have to go to Austin, I fly and get a rental car.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I lived there in 73 75 range,,,,lots of hippie girls and beer and .........uhhhh...anyways it was a cool place to be then but I'd not want to even go there now

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Distance is the only true barrier.

That's why I LOVE where my parents live now --- You have to know exactly where you're going to find it. This is also why we run off the local indigents from trying to fish in our man-made ponds.

Top Bottom