•SOLD•: Weatherby Vanguard .308 w/Hogue, Timney (sub .5 MOA)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    SOLD

A proven shooter, this Weatherby Vanguard .308 is now set up as it should have come from the factory. Nice rifle, excellent condition, amazing accuracy and would love to keep it, but need to fund the next project. It's yours for $500.

Hogue Overmolded stock (full alumininum bedding block, not the cheaper pillar version) w/adjustable Timney trigger (set now at crisp 3.5#) and two-piece sight bases, sporter profile 24 in. barrel. The Weatherby is a sub .3 MOA-capable rifle (best group thus far is .257-in. 3-shot group @ 100 yds.; factory test target around the same) with my 168 gr. Sierra HPBT Match handloads or Federal GMM (see photo of factory test target and my targets, all paper targets at 100 yards, steel target at 300 yards).

FTF in Lafayette/New Iberia area. Delivery may be possible depending upon date and distance.

NOTE: Scope, rings and bipod in the photo are not included.

One more photo: two consecutive rounds at 300 yards on a steel reactive target (sorry for quality: it's a crappy cell phone pix)

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Forgot to add: I'll include a cheapo plastic hardshell case, Timney adjustment instructions, original box, manual and even the original plastic stock (which will make a decent tomato stake :rofl:).

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Added one more target picture: two consecutive rounds about 1 in. center-to-center on steel at 300 yards. Think what this rifle could do in the hands of someone who could shoot—I can see the long-legged wood rats (my buddy Barney88pdc's endearing term for deer) cowering in fear. :noes:

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom